Options

Is the Matrix trilogy any good?

mickeycoronadomickeycoronado Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
Err...this is sorta technology related? I have a ten day vacation from work coming up, I'll be studying for 8 hours a day during that time but I'm looking for some movies to zone out on. I have to admit I've never seen the Matrix trilogy. Is it any good?
"Are you suggesting that coconuts are migratory?!"

Comments

• Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    1st Movie (Matrix)- "AWESOME! HOLY CRAP ITS GREAT"

2nd movie (Matrix Reload) - "Meh....it's OK I guess"

3rd Movie (Matrix Revolutions)- "WTF! I paid for this crap!"
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Watch the first one. Pretend the 2nd and 3rd ones never existed.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i loved the first one, ive probably watched in dozens of times and i never get bored of it. in the 2/3 they went OTT with visual technology. It was like a "my first film project with special effects" haha.

the 2 and 3rd were ok, but it was a shame, as i think the trilogy would of went down along side things such as star wars etc if they nailed it. imo, key characters such as morpheus were just forgot about and it concentrated too much on neo and trinity. nm. Still a good film to watch.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you love The Matrix, then you will hate the sequels.

The Matrix was a fantastic original concept and the sequels really destroyed that concept.

Quentin Tarantino thought the same thing:
    YouTube - Tarantino's Top 20 Movies Since 1992
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    WilliamK99 wrote: »

+1

that's my view too
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    There was only one matrix movie. There were no sequels. That's it. Nothing else EVER happened. "Nananananana, I can't hear you"
    -Daniel
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    First one was the best, but I didn't feel the last two were terrible. They weren't great, but it's something to pass the time. If you want to watch something awesome, watch all three then watch "The Philosophy of the Matrix"...it will "free" your mind lol.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□

^^ that ... consider the second and third one as not being part of the trilogy but some other bollox you can watch while not really looking at the TV all the time :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□

+1
    The first movie was revolutionary, but like the masses have told you the others were a far far far cry from the original.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod

Couldn't have said it better!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Sweet. Maybe I'll save the money and just get the Original and Netflix the other two. The way you guys are describing the trilogy reminds me of the Jurrasic Park trilogy. What is it with sequels anyways? I will admit I would like to see the old Ghostbusters gang back together if Bill Murray would just commit. Thanks for the info guys, I look forward to the experience of watching it for the first time.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    The only exception to sequels being good was Alien/Aliens and Terminator/Terminator 2.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

I literally yelled exactly that at the credits of the 3rd one (WTF was fully said of course...)

Everything is pretty much spot on. Only the first one was really ever good. Second one was barely ok...very, very barely...by a hair at that.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    There was only one matrix movie. There were no sequels. That's it. Nothing else EVER happened. "Nananananana, I can't hear you"

That's actually how I feel about Godfather III. I only recognize the 1st and 2nd...the third one is never allowed to be viewed in my house. Ever.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The first movie was dope. Actually it was life changing. I still have fond memories of that movie to this very day. "Guns. Lots of guns." "Tasty wheats". "Ignorance is bliss" "I am going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Anderson" "I know Kung Fu..Show me." Oh the memories icon_lol.gif

The 2nd and 3rd ones were, well. How do I put this, they were made for money. You could tell that the story line was much more shallow and there were some characters that were just thrown into the mix and weren't really developed at all (the Frenchman, the Twins, etc). I am not saying don't rent the movies, just keep in mind that the 2nd was a big trailer for the last and the last was so predictable. This pretty much sums it up: YouTube - How The Matrix Should Have Ended

IDK it was a cool series but like after bullet time was raped and raped (I actually saw it used on a milk ad SMH icon_rolleyes.gif) The movie lost a lot of stream. I know, I know that special effects don't make for a decent movie (well unless the movie is Avatar icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif) but that particular effect added to the hacker/l337 style of the movie.

I think I am going to watch the matrix this weekend. :D
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    tiersten wrote: »

That about sums it up.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Jeez I'm really looking forward to it now. Is this a movie I would want to watch alone or should I have the girlfriend there who's gonna ask what every tech reference means? Or is it light on the tech?
    tiersten wrote: »
    That about sums it up.

So no on the Netflix? Maybe go the TBS route?
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Call me weird but I liked them all. What I did not care for in the third one was they left it open because they wanted to get ready for the Matrix MMO.
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The first movie was dope. Actually it was life changing. I still have fond memories of that movie to this very day. "Guns. Lots of guns." "Tasty wheats". "Ignorance is bliss" "I am going to enjoy watching you die, Mr. Anderson" "I know Kung Fu..Show me." Oh the memories icon_lol.gif

Dude dont get me started " What good is a phone call... if .. you... can not speak!"
    The good ole days :)
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    So wait... you're in IT or pursuing IT and you've not seen The Matrix?! For shame!!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    *shrug* I thought all three of them sucked.
  • Options
    TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    This had prompted me to watch the first one.
    The seen where Neo flexes and the walls of the hallway bend around him. That was crazy.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    If you can get your hands on the big box set, there is a "philosophy of the matrix" dvd that was almost as good as the movie. It has experts and professors talking about the movie and how it parallels with different religions etc.

I will differ from the mainstream here and say the trio wasnt a waste of time. I agree with the sentiment that the order of 1,2,3 is the order of awesomeness, but...two and three were only bad in comparison to 1. 1 was ground breaking, anything is going to suffer next to it.

If you have the time, they're all good. If you dont have time, just watch the first one.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    there is no matrix trilogy. Just like there's no Highlander 2.

Now, there are a couple of other movies that have Matrix in their name, and coincidentally feature some of the same actors, but those movies are just bad parodies.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wait?!?! What?!?!?!

You mean none of you have ever figured out to overlay all 3 videos together and watch it backwards (while drinking drunken_smilie.gif)?

icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Other awesome tech movies:
    Wargames (1983)
    Hackers (1995)
    Enemy of the State (1998 )
    Swordfish (2001)
    Firewall (2006)
    Live Free or Die hard (2007)

I know I'm missing a bunch /shrug
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I enjoyed the Matrix trilogy overall and the final movie ended how I expected.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    williamk99 wrote: »
    1st movie (matrix)- "awesome! Holy crap its great"

2nd movie (matrix reload) - "meh....it's ok i guess"

3rd movie (matrix revolutions)- "wtf! I paid for this crap!"

spot on!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    You could try getting your hands on operation takedown (unofficial hackers 2 and a great movie about kevin mitnick) and antitrust (unofficial hackers 3)
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The Matrix would have been better like this:

Farts within the Matrix

'You think that's air you're breathing?"
This discussion has been closed.