Options

2950 Switch problem :(

XtendXtend Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey all, i just got myself 3 2950 Switches, to practice vlans,vtp and so on. One switch is with 48 ports, and the other 2 have 24. Here's my problem:
when i connect the ports from the 24 ports switch, to the 48 port switch, it all works good, lights turn green, on teraterm it confirms that the interfaces are up, so all good. BUT when i connect the 2 switches that are 24 ports between each other, nothing happens, no LED lighs, no nothing. I'm sure i'm doing smth wrong and the solution must be simple.
Can anyone help me pls? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Are you using a crossover cable or a straight through cable?
    post the config of the ports you are connecting
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    i erased the configuration that it had, coz the switches had password and i had to do a pass recovery (wich was easier than i thought) The cables came with the switch. If they are not crossover, the ports between the 48 port switch and the 24 port switch should go up?
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Like for like devices (i.e. switch to switch, router to router etc) need a crossover cable between them in most cases. Theres more to it than that, but thats easy enough to remember.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    ty for advice :) i'll go and buy some x-over cables and test, i can't wait to play with my switches, it sux to have them near me and not be able to use them icon_sad.gif