Passed with 918

2»

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tenor wrote: »
    How do you find studying on the kindle? I have one and am skeptical on using it for studying.

I found it to be a Godsend...I used the Kindle (2nd Generation) to study for Security+ and Project+ and both in different ways.

With Darril Gibson's Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead, I was able to read the Kindle version straight through and answered his end of chapter exams on Notepad plus the end of book final exam. It was an easy read and I got an 870 on the exam. I had other resources, but after seeing and taking the exam, that book was all I needed.

With the Project+ Sybex Guide, I had to turn on Text-To-Speech (unlike Darril's book) and read along that way...just to get through the dryness. I spent about 10 days on that book before I invoked my testicular fortitude and sat for that exam. Passed with a 794, but a pass is a pass.

I credit my Kindle with passing both of those certs and I really have nothing but praise for it. With text-to-speech, certain words will be pronounced messed up and are read in that Stephen Hawking voice (male and female), but that's why I read along with it turned on. I wish all of my books were available on the Kindle device. So easy for me to absorb material. A real good study aid.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ive had my Kindle less than a month. So far so good on studying. The DX makes a difference, since the screen is larger and handles PDFs easier.
  • TenorTenor Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I noticed that the Security+ book on the kindle is only $9.99. I just may go for it.
  • KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and thanks for all the helpful information.
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • Cookie0879Cookie0879 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ... Microsoft is horrible by the way. That pause when you finish your test for the first time is ridiculously long. AND THEN...it takes you back to the first question asking for comments. I thought the test went down and I had to do it all over again lol. ...

Actually, I was thankfull that it took me back to a list of all questions (didn't go back to the first one) as I easily forget to mark them for review.
    On my last exam I skipped 3 questions without marking them.

My previous exam was also the 70-680. It actually crashed on me twice during the exam.

Anyway, great score!
    Currently Studying For: 70-410 Training Guide - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
    Goal for 2013: 70-642 (DONE), 70-646 (DONE), 70-410 (studying), 70-411, 70-412
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @TranSignalEric
    Thanks. I gotta ask...Do you work for them or just an advocate for there products?

I do work for Train Signal. I like to check these forums out to get great feedback on our courses and read about all these great people passing exams.
  • shaX 07shaX 07 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass Ruski.

I am also reading the Cert Guide book for the 70-680, and thus far I really like this book. I find the information easily understood after reading the chapters and going through the practice questions.

How helpful would you say the practice questions in the book are? Are they similar to what we can expect on the test, or are they easier?
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+
    Vendor Certs: Epic Client Systems Management, Epic Client Systems Management w/ Hyperspace Web
    College: B.S. - Computer Information Systems
  • TheSuperRuskiTheSuperRuski Member Posts: 240
    @shaX 07
    Th questions before the chapters in my opinion were easier than the actual test, but then I thought the questions on the CD were harder.

@Cookie0879
    Well i guess in that case it really helped you. Three questions can add up to a lot on these test. I think I got maybe 5 wrong and that was almost 100 points lol

@TrainSignalEric
    Well that's cool. At least your not super promoting it or blasting a different vendor.
    [CENTER][FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=4][COLOR=red][I]Величина бандит ... Ваша сеть моя детская площадка [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

• sa3eed_24sa3eed_24 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    KANYESHNA!!!!! lol. That will be 3 certs in 3 months for me. I am on point. Microsoft is horrible by the way. That pause when you finish your test for the first time is ridiculously long. AND THEN...it takes you back to the first question asking for comments. I thought the test went down and I had to do it all over again lol. But it is finally over and I can relax this weekend. Before tackling some more WGU certs.

So for a detailed review(As promised) of what I used and how effective it was(I thought that prompted for a new thread) Here we go....

Train Signal (Primary Source)Extremely informative, I really enjoyed how in the first videos it outlines the hardware you will need to do the labs. The way they focus the exam objectives around a fictitious company Globomantics(The way Microsoft uses contoso) was helpful for me because it gave all the objectives a real world application as to when you would use it in the real world and helped cement the idea in my mind.

MCTS Book by Don Poulton (Secondary Primary source) I personally thought the exam in the book was harder than the actual test. Not the chapter exams, the exam on the CD. With that being said, I would say if you can pass the test on the CD, you can pass the actual exam. Not the "golden ticket"(In my eyes but then again i used a lot of resources) like Darril Gibsons book but a close second. I really enjoyed the pre-test format of the book. Each chapter began with a pre-test that would help you determine if you should read the entire chapter, a section of the chapter or just skip to the review topics point in the chapter. Every chapter also included a memory table with keywords that you were asked to fill out from memory. I did that for every chapter and it really helped when I saw questions I didn't recognize but could eliminate due to knowing exactly what a option was or what it did.

CBT Nuggets (Second Source)
    I used these primarily because the instructor in Train Signal, although very helpful, was a bit dry at times. The instructor of CBT Nuggets was kind of like Professor Messer in the Net+ videos. He opens with a joke and to me it helped keep me focused, and laugh at times. Especially the story about his sisters diary lol. I didn't watch the entire series so I can't really review them for this test, but I did watch them for the deployment section. I used it to follow along for the labs. And I watched a few videos scattered around. Besides some pretty spotty handwriting they are good videos.

Professor Messer Videos (Review Source) As stated I used these videos as review videos but they could be used for main source study if you had a good book and did labs. Not currently though, because he is still adding videos. I was lucky enough that he JUST added Resource Access to the collection.

Miscellaneous material (Review/Passing the time material) I had a Mega Guide from Prep Logic I bought awhile ago when they had a sale on them for 1 dollar a piece. I used the upward mobility app on my ipod, only did about 50 questions or so. Not so bad to pass the time on the subway or wherever you are.

I current operate Win7 64bit Ultimate edition and I have worked with it in the field for about 6 months so I am no stranger to how things operate on the system. One thing I had to figure out again was IE since I use Firefox and Opera web browsers on the norm. There were about 2 or 3 questions that I had no clue about. Maybe I forgot them or they were Beta questions.

My print out:
    BG_70-680.jpg

Well I think that covers everything...I hope this review was helpful.

i need that book MCTS Book by Don Poulton (Secondary Primary source)
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    sa3eed_24 wrote: »
    i need that book MCTS Book by Don Poulton (Secondary Primary source)

Amazon.com: MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring (9780789747075): Don Poulton: Books
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • adfabusadfabus Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    KANYESHNA!!!!! lol. That will be 3 certs in 3 months for me. I am on point. Microsoft is horrible by the way. That pause when you finish your test for the first time is ridiculously long. AND THEN...it takes you back to the first question asking for comments. I thought the test went down and I had to do it all over again lol. But it is finally over and I can relax this weekend. Before tackling some more WGU certs.

So for a detailed review(As promised) of what I used and how effective it was(I thought that prompted for a new thread) Here we go....

Train Signal (Primary Source)Extremely informative, I really enjoyed how in the first videos it outlines the hardware you will need to do the labs. The way they focus the exam objectives around a fictitious company Globomantics(The way Microsoft uses contoso) was helpful for me because it gave all the objectives a real world application as to when you would use it in the real world and helped cement the idea in my mind.

MCTS Book by Don Poulton (Secondary Primary source) I personally thought the exam in the book was harder than the actual test. Not the chapter exams, the exam on the CD. With that being said, I would say if you can pass the test on the CD, you can pass the actual exam. Not the "golden ticket"(In my eyes but then again i used a lot of resources) like Darril Gibsons book but a close second. I really enjoyed the pre-test format of the book. Each chapter began with a pre-test that would help you determine if you should read the entire chapter, a section of the chapter or just skip to the review topics point in the chapter. Every chapter also included a memory table with keywords that you were asked to fill out from memory. I did that for every chapter and it really helped when I saw questions I didn't recognize but could eliminate due to knowing exactly what a option was or what it did.

CBT Nuggets (Second Source)
    I used these primarily because the instructor in Train Signal, although very helpful, was a bit dry at times. The instructor of CBT Nuggets was kind of like Professor Messer in the Net+ videos. He opens with a joke and to me it helped keep me focused, and laugh at times. Especially the story about his sisters diary lol. I didn't watch the entire series so I can't really review them for this test, but I did watch them for the deployment section. I used it to follow along for the labs. And I watched a few videos scattered around. Besides some pretty spotty handwriting they are good videos.

Professor Messer Videos (Review Source) As stated I used these videos as review videos but they could be used for main source study if you had a good book and did labs. Not currently though, because he is still adding videos. I was lucky enough that he JUST added Resource Access to the collection.

Miscellaneous material (Review/Passing the time material) I had a Mega Guide from Prep Logic I bought awhile ago when they had a sale on them for 1 dollar a piece. I used the upward mobility app on my ipod, only did about 50 questions or so. Not so bad to pass the time on the subway or wherever you are.

I current operate Win7 64bit Ultimate edition and I have worked with it in the field for about 6 months so I am no stranger to how things operate on the system. One thing I had to figure out again was IE since I use Firefox and Opera web browsers on the norm. There were about 2 or 3 questions that I had no clue about. Maybe I forgot them or they were Beta questions.

My print out:
    BG_70-680.jpg

Well I think that covers everything...I hope this review was helpful.
  • mcbgunmcbgun Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Definitely worth bumping this post adfabus. I've got pretty much everything recommended in the opening post lined up for study!