Options

I need a quick answer. And advise if posible. (IT Job related question)

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
I was browsing and applying for some IT position on some website, and there was this PC technician position. Of course, I sent my resume to them on Wednesday.

When I opened my email a few minutes ago, I got a response from them. However, the position is part time, and according to the email they are looking for someone who can work 15hours a week, and it is flexible from 8am-5pm.
I currently have a job right now, but not an IT position. I make about at least 30 hours a week at my current job. I am kind of like hesitant because they just offering 15 hours a week. That is like 3 hours a day.

Also, she was asking me some question, and this is one of the questions.
Is your ideal role in a help desk support role or in a back office IT configuration position?
If you are applying for a PC technician, how are you going to answer that?
What do they mean by back office IT configuration position?

Thanks
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    I'm guessing they mean jobs related to creating system accounts (like in AD or Oracle) PC builds/imaging, networking etc that don't have a customer focus.

They are probably trying to gauge whether you are a people person and want to interact with users or be left alone or they could simply be asking what your future goals are.