Callmanager 6.0 on VMWare

nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
For some reason. My call manager is very slow. I have allocated 2 gigs of memory and 100GB of hard drive space for the Virtual system but it is still slow. Any ideas?
My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
http://techintuition.com/

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    nice343 wrote: »
    For some reason. My call manager is very slow. I have allocated 2 gigs of memory and 100GB of hard drive space for the Virtual system but it is still slow. Any ideas?

What type of machine are you running it on.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    check your cpu utlz and memory utlization ... vmware is not going to be FAST like your host OS.. but it shouldnt lagg like crazy either.

c2d q6600 @ 3.2 ghz
    8 gig ram
    tb's of space.

assign 2 gigs to ccm7.. remainder is roughly 4.3 gigs unused
    .. but cpu utlz jumps up to 80% when making some changes in ccm7.
  • nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    shodown wrote: »
    What type of machine are you running it on.

I'm running VMWare workstation 6 on Windows server 2003 and the server is a Compaq proliant ML350 G2 with a CPU of 2.20GHZ and a 3.5GB of ram
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    im gonna take a shot and say your mem is not enough if your allocating 2 gigs and have a total of 3.5 for the host. your may get excessive page swaps slowing down your stuff.

did you check your mem/cpu utlz ?
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hmm, shouldn't be that slow. Check CPU/memory/page file usage and also log into the switch and look for speed/duplex mismatch errors on the ports connected to the server. I had a hell of a time getting the CUCM appliance VMs to run at 100/full - I had to actually switch to a non GigE NIC for the VMs to work at the advertised speed. I just chalked it up as a problem with the Intel dual port NICs.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT