Eligibility

KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
I'm seeing here that to be eligible you need to have attended training for CEH course at an accredited training center, or you can opt for self-study, but you need 2 years experience.

here is my question...

my school is offering a course; Ethical Hacking & Defense.
Does this constitute as a CEH Training course?
they are not affiliated with EC-Council.

I'm sure I just answered my own question, but just wanted to get clarification.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    I'm seeing here that to be eligible you need to have attended training for CEH course at an accredited training center, or you can opt for self-study, but you need 2 years experience.

here is my question...

my school is offering a course; Ethical Hacking & Defense.
    Does this constitute as a CEH Training course?
    they are not affiliated with EC-Council.

I'm sure I just answered my own question, but just wanted to get clarification.

Thanks in advance.

It doesn't qualify directly, but you can present Ec-council with your current academic, and work experiences and they will decide if you can qualify for CEH (I am told...I didn't choose this route).
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Only couses directly affiliated with the EC-Council would qualify to meet the training requirement.The EC-Council is very strict about who teaches its courses and uses its name.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Both responses are correct. That in itself isn't going to qualify you, but you may be able to meet the two-year experience requirement by submitting an application. The worst they can do is say no, so give it a shot.