how is the exam graded?

justinwu86justinwu86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
are each question weighted differently?
for 100 question how many do i have to get right?

i've finish reading mike meyers book and did the practice exam.
scored 73 and 78% on the practice exam first time through.

would i be ready?

thanks.

Comments

• gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Comptia doesn't publish how they grade the exam. I like to be scoring a bit higher than that on practice exams before I take an exam. Concentrate on the weak areas and if you haven't yet try another resource to see if that helps for that last push. The professor messer videos for instance are a good extra resource that's free. Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training
  • justinwu86justinwu86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i;ve already read the whole book and did questions...don't really want to sit around for hours to watch videos...

are there any other places to do more practice questions?
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    justinwu86 wrote: »
    i;ve already read the whole book and did questions...don't really want to sit around for hours to watch videos...

are there any other places to do more practice questions?

seriously? Did you even go and look at the site? The videos are organized into the individual objectives so you can watch the ones that map to the areas you need the most study in and the individual videos aren't that long.

Most people that have quite a bit of experience knocking out these certifications would recommend at least two resources whether it is video training and a book or a couple books and then practice exam(s) from a reputable company.

I would think someone that is building a foundation for what will hopefully be a long, profitable, and rewarding career would jump at the chance of a free quality resource like those videos. Hopefully this is an indication that videos just aren't your thing and not an indication that you don't want to put in the work and just want to take shortcuts any way possible.

You can check out a number of companies that have practice exams for sale including boson, transcender, ucertify, etc.. They all have demos available. For the Net+ I used the practice exams I got bundled with my voucher from Mike Myers company Total Seminars. They were good so the A+ practice tests probably are too.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    i think its a good idea to study charts. make sure you know your specifications. (ports, protocols, distance, cable type, socket type etc) also know troubleshooting. A+ is based on alot of that.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • justinwu86justinwu86 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    are the questions the same everytime you redo practice exam on mike meyers cd?

i scored 91 on the exam and 73 on the practice exam for 701
    and 97 on the exam and 78 on the practice for the 702

would this make me more ready?