Options

Cost of Exams

DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
Hey folks... it's been a couple of years since I've been looking at getting certified (landed a job and thought I didn't need it anymore so kinda let it all fall to the wayside... big big mistake). When I was looking at prepping, the A+ cost about 300 bucks to take both, the core and the OS. Checking CompTIA's site now, I notice that they're showing a price of $145 for non-CompTIA members, but it doesn't say anything about whether or not that's the cost for both exams or the cost for each part. Unfortunetly, money is an issue, so this is something I'd like to know before I register
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Ah, ok, the 145 is for each exam. Ouch. That's going to hurt. The voucher info on that site is sweet though, but I'm pretty sure my teachers said something about the school providing vouchers for any students who want to take the exams, so I should be covered there. I guess 200 bucks for both exams isn't so bad, especially since the 90 day rule isn't in effect anymore.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    The price does hurt many of us. Just be focused and clear on everything you have to study to cover the objectives on the exams.
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the thing about the price of exams is that there are two sides. just like the force. because you have to pay the guts of a week's wages, you work hard and ensure you know your stuff well-enough to pass. the other side is those that are scared to waste the money by failing that they use braindumps and such.
    A+ Moderator