Options

GNS3 console window close automatically

greenerekgreenerek Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I've just decided to use GNS3 , before I used Cisco Packet Tracer and Real Switches and Routers, however packet tracer is not good enough for me...
My problem is that after lets say 1hour of work , when I want to open console window on any router it says 127.0.0.1 putty and closed after couple second so I can't do anything on the GNS3 lab. I don't know if the problem is that I use Windows 7 (64), and the gns is only for windows 7(32)

Any idea how to resolve the problem?
Per aspera ad astra-Seneka

Comments

• Options
    mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    I had that exact same issue. It's really annoying. I just got another ios image and i never had that same issue

• Options
    mattau wrote: »
    I had that exact same issue. It's really annoying. I just got another ios image and i never had that same issue[/QU

so, the problem is IOS version?

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Try under configuration

line con 0
    exec-timeout 0 0

That'll stop the session from timing out. It may not be the cause but it could help
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    I believe it is the ios version. as soon as i used another ios version it seemed to work fine. It always used to close on me when doing debugs.

But then again I have the same ios version on my real router and it doesnt crash. but it cured my issues by just changing the ios on gns3.

• Options
    unfortunately , neither stuh84 solution nor mattau works. Now i can't even open console ....i might try uninstal and than apply timeout command.

• Options
    wow that is weird ? I admit there are issues like that with gns3 but normally most things fixed themselves with a restart of the program. hopefully it fixes itself