Anyone have a ISO of Lindows?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    ComputadoraComputadora Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lindows is now Linspire thanks to Microsoft:

Microsoft, Lindows Make a Deal - PCWorld
    Microsoft has agreed to pay Linux vendor Lindows $20 million to end a two-and-a-half-year legal battle over the Lindows name, which Microsoft argues is too close to its Windows trademark.
    As part of the settlement, Lindows agreed to change its legal name to Linspire by September 14 and cease all use of the Lindows name in its products. The San Diego-based company adopted the Linspire name for its Web site and most of its products sold globally in April after a legal defeat in Europe.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    N2IT wrote: »
    Just wondering.

i.e. does one have the original?

Yes.

After it changed to Linspire, no, I didn't stay with it. However, the original media is in fact in my 'history' case :)

Now it looks like it is Xandros
    Purchase Xandros Desktop Professional
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    i.e. does one have the original?

Yes.

After it changed to Linspire, no, I didn't stay with it. However, the original media is in fact in my 'history' case :)

Now it looks like it is Xandros
    Purchase Xandros Desktop Professional

Can I download it from a fileshare?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    N2IT wrote: »
    Can I download it from a fileshare?

I posted the link where you may buy it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Why do you want Lindows/Linspire/Xandros anyway? Its a dead distribution and hasn't been updated in over 4 years.