Duke Nukem Forever

tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
Its only taken 14 years of development but Duke Nukem Forever is being released on May 3 2011 (Prolly NSFW for most people). I'm still in shock.

Comments

• Laughin9m4nLaughin9m4n Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Lol I remember reading something on it being on hold a while back. Hopefully it is not anymore.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well after 12 years of disappointment and just watching the sophomoric trailer, my don't give a s**t meter red lined. I will see what Crytek does with the Crysis 2 final. I hope the new i7 I might grab can really pack sand or is just more of the same sand.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Well after 12 years of disappointment and just watching the sophomoric trailer, my don't give a s**t meter red lined.
    I think thats the general response from most people really. The trailer doesn't look particularly fun. Unless DNF is the best game ever which it doesn't look like it is then its going to get bad reviews just from the years of anticipation and hype that its had from the development hell it was stuck in.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They switched engines more times than I can count, and suffered immensely from feature creep during development. I like the guys at 3DRealms (sold my old Gamecube to one of the programmers a few years ago - he's at id now), but they just couldn't get it done. They sold off the IP to Gearbox (Brothers in Arms series, Borderlands) and that's how it's finally being finished up.

Don't expect much in the way of fancy graphics, but do expect a ton of interactivity. I don't know if this made it into the Gearbox version, but in one iteration of the 3DRealms test versions you could walk up to a computer in the game and send an email out. I think it had a working web browser too! I just hope the single player isn't extremely short.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Who cares! It could come packaged with dog poo, I would still buy it! It's Duke Nukem Forever!
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The game looks very interesting! i might buy it since i bought the very first one hahaha :D

i need to get little big planet 2 and marvel vs capcom 3
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm just waiting to see if this guy gets his game, after all these years. icon_lol.gif

Duke-Nukem.png

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    It's going to be a fun year for gaming. DNF, Deus Ex 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3...

I might actually have to stop playing world of warcraft!
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's going to be a fun year for gaming. DNF, Deus Ex 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3...

Hello, Diablo 3?
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
    bermovick wrote: »
    Hello, Diablo 3?

Believe it or not, I'm actually not a big Diablo fan. I'm sure I'll buy it and play it, but Diablo 2 just didn't do much for me, I spent my time playing things like Command and Conquer instead hehe
    bermovick wrote: »
    Hello, Diablo 3?
    Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
    Assuming DNF isn't horrendously bad, I probably would pick it up a copy to see what its like. I'm guessing quite a few other people will do the same so the DNF name is both a blessing and a curse. I've played all the DN games so far even back to DN1 which was a 2D side view platform game.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I played it at PAX in Seattle when it was unveiled and it was awesome!! I will be picking this up on day one. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□

Lies. What server?
    rsutton wrote: »
    Lies. What server?

the ironically infested with trolls server, Trollbane
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Slowhand wrote: »
    I'm just waiting to see if this guy gets his game, after all these years. icon_lol.gif

Duke-Nukem.png

That made my day.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Balls of Steel (echo)
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Looks like the trailer is finally out. For what it's worth, it looks like it could be a fun play-through. Here's to hoping it's at least a decent shooter with some good, new funny moments.

Duke Nukem Forever Reveal Trailer

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Duke Nukem Forever is getting a Collector's Edition:

[url=]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/11/duke-nukem-forever-balls-of-steel-editionDuke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition[/url]
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm gonna buy it anyway just for the sake of good old days.
    Duke Nukem Forever is getting a Collector's Edition:

[url=]http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/11/duke-nukem-forever-balls-of-steel-editionDuke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition[/url]
    Fixed link.

I'm also surprised that it doesn't come with any metal balls or anything like that...
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    Fixed link.

I'm also surprised that it doesn't come with any metal balls or anything like that...

or gum...haha.

I'm definitely grabbing this one.
    I will also be getting this collector's edition as well. I already have my pre-order in on Amazon. icon_cool.gif