• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, I will get 647
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    za3bour wrote: »
    Thanks, I will get 647

Thanks I picked the MCITP:EA, Net+ Sec+
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    Jack2 wrote: »
    Thanks I picked the MCITP:EA, Net+ Sec+

I ended up getting the Sec+ as well since it's on my plate now.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for this, just loaded up on a bunch of stuff!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, i just paid for the $4 ones, but I will load up on these too
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    which CIW certs required by WGU correspond with these guides? I know you all say the CIW certs are easy... but for a $1 why not get a little more material
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    dang $1 is still too much, anyone wanna split the cost of a few? hehe jk

time to load up on CCNA & MCITP: SA.. heck might as well get all of MCITP: EA .. and ISC2.

what is this i hear about them making a lot of sales calls?? can i give a fake phone #??
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Mike, just this one for WFV1. BOV1 (Javascript) doesn't appear to be covered by Preplogic. icon_sad.gif

CIW - CIW v5 Foundations Mega Guides

thanks!
    badboyeee wrote: »
    time to load up on CCNA & MCITP: SA..

I just dropped $10 there... already had CCNA, picked up CCNA Security, the CIW above, finished out the MCSE ones I didn't have, and tried to get all the MCITP: SA, but they have AD listed twice, once as 83-640? so I skipped that one
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153

time to load up on CCNA & MCITP: SA.. heck might as well get all of MCITP: EA .. and ISC2.

what is this i hear about them making a lot of sales calls?? can i give a fake phone #??

I provided 555-555-5555...:P

These loaded up just fine on my NOOK
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is the information in these guides really worth it?
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    They are OK, they are not as good as the CramSession study guides IMO. Though CramSession are not updated anymore. Worth $1 anyway - oh and euro conversion rate too! LOL At least it's something extra to go over for a few hours the 70-652 one had 115 pages so for $1 that's not that bad value.
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    They are OK, they are not as good as the CramSession study guides IMO. Though CramSession are not updated anymore. Worth $1 anyway - oh and euro conversion rate too! LOL At least it's something extra to go over for a few hours the 70-652 one had 115 pages so for $1 that's not that bad value.

Thank you for your input.

I see a lot of people on the forums getting them, so they must be. I already have four books I'm reading for the CCNA, so I'm kind of weary about getting any extra material that might throw me off the path to packet enlightenment.

Maybe I'll pick up the CCNA one and pass on the breakfast burrito at Mcdonalds... icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    D'oh!!! Veritas was right............icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh well, time to load up on the SQL mega guides.....
    I ended up getting the Sec+ as well since it's on my plate now.

With you, you should be able to use that guide, plus Google for the Security+ exam. You should have no problem with passing it based on your background. Of course, I would normally recommend "the good book" for Security+, but you should have no difficulty passing it.
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    which CIW certs required by WGU correspond with these guides? I know you all say the CIW certs are easy... but for a $1 why not get a little more material

Mike, just this one for WFV1. BOV1 (Javascript) doesn't appear to be covered by Preplogic. icon_sad.gif

CIW - CIW v5 Foundations Mega Guides

See here for suggestions:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/61826-preplogic-4-mega-guides.html#post487385

As soon as I got the number for sales calls, I put them on infiinite voicemail through GV... :) No fuss, no muss. They call out of an 813 area code.

They're good for structuring what you need to study for from your main materials. You do NOT want to use these as your sole study material.

(Unless you're za3bour AND the exam is Security+, his certs and [the skills acquired for his] EE background/Google skills would allow him to pull that off though even that, Darril Gibson's kindle book should still be on hand).
    Maybe I'll pick up the CCNA one and pass on the breakfast burrito at Mcdonalds... icon_lol.gif

Are things really that rough? Do you want me to Paypal you the dollar? icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

(j/k)
  • Options
    yeah, for a $1 it's hard to pass on them... I use them as a last minute study guide after I have completed all my real studies
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bought 6 not too long ago as part of the $4 sale. I'm irritated that I could've saved some more by waiting a couple of weeks, but I'll stock up on some other subject areas now.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just grabbed 14 of em lol.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For those using bogus phone numbers... you're depriving yourself of the joy of being able to listen to a poorly informed and far too enthusiastic yet terrible salesperson calling you. It's almost worth having your number abused on an almost daily basis to have just one opportunity to listen to them try to convince you their VCP-310 megaguide is the latest one and the VCP-310 exam can still be taken.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For those using bogus phone numbers... you're depriving yourself of the joy of being able to listen to a poorly informed and far too enthusiastic yet terrible salesperson calling you. It's almost worth having your number abused on an almost daily basis to have just one opportunity to listen to them try to convince you their VCP-310 megaguide is the latest one and the VCP-310 exam can still be taken.

Haha. I gave them my google voice number the first time for this very reason. I loved how desperate he sounded. Its forever archived in my online voice mail :)
  • Options
    apexgtpapexgtp Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    He called me the instant I hit submit. I never got the exams though or a confirmation email. Does this take a while?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    D'oh!!! Veritas was right............icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

LOL!

PrepLogic has it down to a science. They know we will by this junk if the price is low enough icon_rolleyes.gif

To those of you that are studying seriously I really don't think it's worth even a $1.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LOL!

PrepLogic has it down to a science. They know we will by this junk if the price is low enough icon_rolleyes.gif

To those of you that are studying seriously I really don't think it's worth even a $1.
    Why do you think that? I want something I can read a hour or two before the exam just as a quick summary. I don't really want to make my own notes as I find it too time consuming. It's not worth $19 but at $1 the price is right...
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    Why do you think that? I want something I can read a hour or two before the exam just as a quick summary. I don't really want to make my own notes as I find it too time consuming. It's not worth $19 but at $1 the price is right...

True enough.
  • Options
    (Unless you're za3bour AND the exam is Security+, his certs and [the skills acquired for his] EE background/Google skills would allow him to pull that off though even that, Darril Gibson's kindle book should still be on hand).

(j/k)

I should frame this :D no man I did buy Darril's book last week icon_wink.gif and it is a must if you wanna pass Sec+ . The reason I'm doing Sec+ is that I'm working in Business Continuity now and it seems a natural to start with Sec+ first.

I think 647 is the last MS exam for me, at least till end of my contract (in Dec).
    apexgtp wrote: »
    He called me the instant I hit submit. I never got the exams though or a confirmation email. Does this take a while?

You should actually get them right away they're in the confirmatation Email you recieve it's a link with an Access Code.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I should frame this :D no man I did buy Darril's book last week icon_wink.gif and it is a must if you wanna pass Sec+ . The reason I'm doing Sec+ is that I'm working in Business Continuity now and it seems a natural to start with Sec+ first.

I think 647 is the last MS exam for me, at least till end of my contract (in Dec).

You should actually get them right away they're in the confirmatation Email you recieve it's a link with an Access Code.

You should edit out the "j/k" in my quote though before you frame it icon_lol.gif....some Mod made my multiple postings a master post (I guess I had too much time that morning... :) ). The j/k (joke) was for another poster who might have needed a buck to his paypal account.

I am glad the Megaguide isn't your only source though...but if it was, I wouldn't be surprised if you used just that to pass.

You'll get a few questions on disaster recovery and the like, but they are seriously no brainers...you do want to know the difference between a hot site, warm site, cold site, that much I know. I can't get any more specific than that, of course.
  • Options
    ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    PrepLogic will hunt you down! I really dislike how aggressive their market strategy is....its overboard.

I think it took 4 calls before they finally got the point....and thankfully the emails 3-4x's a week...good thing I gave em my spam email address.

I wont bash their training...I have used their training for CEH/CISSP and found it quite helpful. When I was taking the CEH training I kept waiting for him to slip up and say "yes we do x in our marketing to reverse lookup...wait forget I said that :) "
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • Options
    You should edit out the "j/k" in my quote though before you frame it icon_lol.gif....some Mod made my multiple postings a master post (I guess I had too much time that morning... :) ). The j/k (joke) was for another poster who might have needed a buck to his paypal account.

I am glad the Megaguide isn't your only source though...but if it was, I wouldn't be surprised if you used just that to pass.

You'll get a few questions on disaster recovery and the like, but they are seriously no brainers...you do want to know the difference between a hot site, warm site, cold site, that much I know. I can't get any more specific than that, of course.

lol,

Yea I should propably delete it, Yea I've never used a one source except for one exam and it wasn't convenient.

I do feel stronger when I read at least two sources, for Sec+ I am not gonna read another book I've read the objectives and I pretty much familiar with most of it and thanks to my current work I'm not familiar with things like hot/worm/cold sites.
  • Options
    mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    Hi All,
    Is it a hard copy or only a download?

Cheers
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • Options
    mikesz wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Is it a hard copy or only a download?

Cheers

It's only a download (PDF)
  • Options
    thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Hang on. If I buy any ebooks from this guys (prelogic), are they going to spam me with emails, and phone calls?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • Options
    tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    Yeah, I counted about 15 or so that im going to get. All of the MCITP: EA as well as a some others. Cant go wrong for a buck each! Anything that I plan on studying for in the next 12-18 months, im getting!