Options

SDM Download

steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sorry if this has been covered previously but I couldnt find any thread on it.

I am trying to get a copy of SDM for my 851 but it does not seem to be available. Anyone know if this has been discontinued?

thnx

Steve

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SDM had been EOL'ed, though it hasn't been removed from any of the exams as of yet. So we're not just forgetting about it just yet. :)

In another thread we determined that the link to download SDM no longer works, though if you google "SDM download" you can still find it elsewhere.

HTH
  • Options
    steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply.

So are you saying I really dont have to study the SDM ?

If you could possibly link a download because I have been googling for it for two days with no success.

Steve
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's a tough question. On one hand, SDM is still listed in in the exam topics, so I can't advise anyone to not study it.
    • Enable NAT for a small network with a single ISP and connection using SDM and verify operation using CLI and ping
    • Configure, verify and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operation on a router.(including: CLI/SDM)
    On the other hand, you apparently can't get it from Cisco any more, and every download link I can find for it is on a questionable site that I don't think I should post here.