Options

CCENT Tommorrow

2»

Comments

• Options
    iyareiyare Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    CCENT, CCNA(EXPIRED), BS Electrical Engineering (Communications/Optics/Nanotechnology)
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Cool. I plan to take CCENT after the first module. Of course gonna buy some books for it to study from. I'm having a hard time reading the chapters from the NetAcad website so will probably buy the Exploration books too.

After CCENT will try to do a couple MS certs as well (70-680 and ??).

You will need to do quite a bit of self study if you want to take the CCENT after the first module. The first module is mostly review for someone with a solid net+ foundation. There will be stuff from all 4 modules on the CCENT.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    gosh1976 wrote: »
    You will need to do quite a bit of self study if you want to take the CCENT after the first module. The first module is mostly review for someone with a solid net+ foundation. There will be stuff from all 4 modules on the CCENT.

Yeah so far its been review about the OSI layer but a tiny bit in more depth than what I learned for Network+. We are starting to get into subnetting, which I need more experience with. I can't wait a year to get at least my CCENT, I think I told ya before :D. I'm using CBT Nuggets but have yet to buy books, I want to get the Odom library soon.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Yeah so far its been review about the OSI layer but a tiny bit in more depth than what I learned for Network+. We are starting to get into subnetting, which I need more experience with. I can't wait a year to get at least my CCENT, I think I told ya before :D. I'm using CBT Nuggets but have yet to buy books, I want to get the Odom library soon.

oh yeah, I can't keep usernames straight! I think your time plan in your sig is very doable.