Taking N+ in about a week

DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any pointers to what I might encounter on the test???

(I am a bit tired at the moment, have been reading alot and English is not my native language so it takes some effort to get through the books, and thus I was to tired to search for the info on this forum, sorry about that.)

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I wish I could speak a 2nd language as well as you speak english. icon_wink.gif
    The best thing for the Net+, is the Technotes from this site. If you know everything from the technotes, there is NO WAY you could fail. Your going to see ALOT on the OSI model. Never forget - All People Seem To Need Data Processing. Good Luck.
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    garv221 wrote:
    The best thing for the Net+, is the Technotes from this site. If you know everything from the technotes, there is NO WAY you could fail. Good Luck.

This site has great technotes. It's only $6.95 which is nothing compared to how much books cost.

Good luck!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Totally agree, memorize those Technotes, and you'll pass. Very well written, easy to read and understand, and like said before, All People Seem To Need Data Processing.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    What they said. icon_wink.gif
  • DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanx, I´m going to take a look at the Tech Notes, and even doing some "craming" at home during the weekend aswell.

Hope to be posting a N+ Pass Wednesday next week.

EDIT: BTW, this business with Classless Subnetting was real hard to master, man did I lose sleep over that :)
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    yeah... just stay away from BD'z.

Best of Luck
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    EDIT: BTW, this business with Classless Subnetting was real hard to master, man did I lose sleep over that :)
    It is hard to master indeed, the good news is that you don't need to master 'subnetting' (=calculating subnets) for the Network+ exam.

Good luck!
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Webmaster wrote:
    It is hard to master indeed, the good news is that you don't need to master 'subnetting' (=calculating subnets) for the Network+ exam.

Webmaster is right! I to was worried about that while studying for the exam, just make sure you know the OSI model & IP address classes.. A, b, C...

I used Mike Meyers All-in-one and Technotes from this site should be more than enough! icon_wink.gif

icon_wink.gif
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    The Mike Meyers book tells you that you don't need to know subnetting for the exam, but it explains it anyway. I was happy that it wasn't on the exam after reading it. icon_lol.gif
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Subnetting (calculating subnets) is more along the line of CCNA. It's actually not bad once you learn it. I found the Network+ exam to be a breeze. In fact, although more well rounded and challanging, I found the Network+ beta exam to be quite easy. Maybe it's because the CCNA exam was much more harder.

Anyway, good luck on your Network+ exam!
  • sxiboysxiboy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yeh gud luck matey icon_cool.gif
  • DeadProphetDeadProphet Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I´ve just finished Mike Kyers All In One NetWork+ 3:rd Ed, going to dive right into the technotes now for a couple of days.

Is something wrong with me or does anyone else like to calculate classless subnetting and converting IP adresses to binary in the mind like me?? :)