Options

70-298/70-299 journey

DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
Looks like this will be my new home for awhile. I'm starting with reading the 70-299 book (because I've heard it is better than the 298 book which I have as well) and the 70-298 nuggets. So far it is looking like a cross between Security+ and the 70-293.
Decide what to be and go be it.

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PRetty accurate assesment. There is also all the SECEDIT and Security Template stuff from the 270 as well.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Looks like this will be my new home for awhile. I'm starting with reading the 70-299 book (because I've heard it is better than the 298 book which I have as well) and the 70-298 nuggets. So far it is looking like a cross between Security+ and the 70-293.

You'll want to hit the PKI labs pretty good, the 298 goes into detail on that. The 299 will build on a lot of the security concepts in 291, 293, especially IPSec, SSL, VPNs.

Good luck!
  • Options
    fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try and get hold of the 70-299 CBT Nuggets, they will help you in both icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    fly2dw wrote: »
    Try and get hold of the 70-299 CBT Nuggets, they will help you in both icon_thumright.gif

Already got them, I decided that spending the $1,499 for a year of streaming was going to be better than spending the $1,100 for the MCSE material. I want to read the 299 book cover to cover while watching the 298 nuggets, and then I'll flip flop and skim the 298 book while watching the 299 nuggets.

I'll likely pick up the transcenders for both as well, but I don't need to worry about that for a couple weeks still.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I'd recommend the Windows Server 2003 PKI and Certificate Services Book by Brian Komar. I'd encourage the 298 before the 299 after taking the 299 first. The 299 has been causing issues to me and I've seen a lot of ugly questions on it.
  • Options
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Windows Server 2003 PKI and Certificate Services Book by Brian Komar. I'd encourage the 298 before the 299 after taking the 299 first. The 299 has been causing issues to me and I've seen a lot of ugly questions on it.

Yep, I have that book too. I picked it up at the recommendation of someone here on TE months ago, I forget who.
  • Options
    nebapnebnebapneb Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Yep, I have that book too. I picked it up at the recommendation of someone here on TE months ago, I forget who.

i've just put the pdf on my kindle along with the MS Press training kit for sneaky reads on the bus
    i followed the recomendation too, heres hoping i pass this time :)
    Knackered from working too much, yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!