Options

Got one offer so far!

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
So for those of you following the few job threads I've posted over the past week. I got offered the Systems Admin position about 11 minutes ago after 3 interviews. But I'm waiting to hear back from Cisco still. I'm pretty sure Cisco is going to make me the offer too! And Cisco is more of what I want to do. . . But.... At least I got one job offer on the table now officially!

Ahhhh I'm so excited!
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! Time to crack open a few beers...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    millworx wrote: »
    So for those of you following the few job threads I've posted over the past week. I got offered the Systems Admin position about 11 minutes ago after 3 interviews. But I'm waiting to hear back from Cisco still. I'm pretty sure Cisco is going to make me the offer too! And Cisco is more of what I want to do. . . But.... At least I got one job offer on the table now officially!

Ahhhh I'm so excited!

Woo! icon_cheers.gif

Glad to hear it, I know you've been looking for a bit. It's nice to have multiple offers on the table. Hope you get the Cisco one, but if not, at least you've got something lined up. Congrats!
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Awesome job man. System Admin or Network Admin. Either or man nice going!
  • Options
    Hypntick wrote: »
    Woo! icon_cheers.gif

Glad to hear it, I know you've been looking for a bit. It's nice to have multiple offers on the table. Hope you get the Cisco one, but if not, at least you've got something lined up. Congrats!

No kidding! Months of searching. It's funny I never got any calls, and then after Christmas it was like phone call explosion. Well if im lucky I'll land the Cisco dream job tomorrow. Better pay, better title, better experience, and a nice name to put on my resume. But if all else fails, I'll take the Systems Administrator job. I have no room to be picky right now at all.

Thanks for all the support guys. Your witty comments and encouragement have helped keep me sane during this slump.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Congrats dude!!!! Either way, sounds like your days of being the password reset monkey are over ;)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    Congrats dude!!!! Either way, sounds like your days of being the password reset monkey are over ;)

Lol, I havent been a password reset ninja in about 10 years. lol. I've been a net engineer for the better part of 6ish years. So this is kind of a down step for me, but I can't complain when I'm literally on the verge of homelessness.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    RouteThisWayRouteThisWay Member Posts: 514
    Sometimes we just have to swallow our pride and do what we have to do, right? In any case.. good job man and good luck :)
    "Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture." ~ Vaclav Havel
  • Options
    Lol, I havent been a password reset ninja in about 10 years. lol. I've been a net engineer for the better part of 6ish years. So this is kind of a down step for me, but I can't complain when I'm literally on the verge of homelessness.

Dood you have admit the days of the reset Ninja was easy. Punt cases and reset password for 8 hours go get smashed drunk and do it over again lol.
  • Options
    N2IT wrote: »
    Dood you have admit the days of the reset Ninja was easy. Punt cases and reset password for 8 hours go get smashed drunk and do it over again lol.

haha considering this job will be working with about 200 NT4 servers, I think I'll HAVE to get smashed drunk every night to come into work the next day.
    Currently Reading:
  • Options
    haha considering this job will be working with about 200 NT4 servers, I think I'll HAVE to get smashed drunk every night to come into work the next day.

LOL awesome!
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Schhhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Good job. Coming from the brink of feeling defeated to the top of the world has to be a great feeling.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related