Entry level IT job: One Page resume

jimmybanjeetjimmybanjeet Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I'm looking for an entry level job in IT (London) and i would appreciate if you guys could give me some feedback on the CV.

I heard that recruiters spend only seconds going through the CV, so i have tried to keep it as simple as possible and tried to fit everything on one page.

Any constructive feedback is welcome

jimmy

Note: CV modified thanks to feedback

Comments

• ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks good. I am guessing CVs (Resumes) look different abroad so the style is different than most, but it looks alright.

Slight grammatical errors (e.g. comma placement in a couple of skillset listings).

Looks fine otherwise, imo.
  • jimmybanjeetjimmybanjeet Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks good. I am guessing CVs (Resumes) look different abroad so the style is different than most, but it looks alright.

Slight grammatical errors (e.g. comma placement in a couple of skillset listings).

Looks fine otherwise, imo.

Thanks for the quick response

and thanks for pointing out the errors
  • darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My only critique would be the bolding. It seems over done and doesn't flow right below work experience.
    :twisted:
    darkerz wrote: »
    My only critique would be the bolding. It seems over done and doesn't flow right below work experience.

Yes you are right
    I will modify it now
  • Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    should've edited out your details.
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • michaelcoxmichaelcox Member Posts: 105
    This would scare me to death as someone hiring you for an Entry level IT job:

"I like taking things apart to understand how they work".

While I was reading it, the first thing that came to mind is: not on my server you don't.

Courses Completed at WGU ( 8 ):
    Term 1 (April 2011): EWB2, WSV1, BRV1, BSV1 | Term 2 (October 2011): LET1, ORC1 | Term 3 (April 2012): MGC1, TPV1
    Courses Required Graduate WGU with BS - IT: SEC ( 8 ):
    BOV1, KET1, WDV1, KFT1, ABV1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    1) Maybe its a US thing but my experience is that you leave off your personal interests unless its relevant to the position you are applying for. Even then you put it in the cover letter.

2) Watch your plurals and tenses. "dealt with customer queries and made sure it was solved" "it was" should be "they were."

Other than that, it looks good to me. I am tempted to suggest reordering the sections to move the certs and skills to the top but I guess that depends on what is expected by European HR departments.
    jtoast wrote: »
    1) Maybe its a US thing but my experience is that you leave off your personal interests unless its relevant to the position you are applying for. Even then you put it in the cover letter.

2) Watch your plurals and tenses. "dealt with customer queries and made sure it was solved" "it was" should be "they were."

Other than that, it looks good to me. I am tempted to suggest reordering the sections to move the certs and skills to the top but I guess that depends on what is expected by European HR departments.

Yes you are right about moving the the certs and skills to the top

Thanks for the suggestion
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    michaelcox wrote: »
    This would scare me to death as someone hiring you for an Entry level IT job:

"I like taking things apart to understand how they work".

While I was reading it, the first thing that came to mind is: not on my server you don't.

Pretty much anyone in IT can identify with that quote. That doesn't have any relation to ones ability to differentiate risk/reward when performing changes or maintenance on operating systems.

I like to mess with BGP, but I don't log into our production routers and do anything other than show commands....