Options

Free second shot at a MS Certification exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I though it went until May from the start. Don't think it matters, just take advantage if you need to. I am.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I though it went until May from the start. Don't think it matters, just take advantage if you need to. I am.

True icon_wink.gif , Maybe I can get MCSE 2000/MCDST before it ends!

What does it mean by IT Pro or Developer exam??? icon_confused.gif

Would that inclued, any MCSA/MCSE/MCDST exam?
    icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    D-boy wrote:
    Did they extend this 2nd shot offer?

Second Shot Offer Details: February 28–May 31, 2005

Wasn't it only until March 31, 2005 before? icon_confused.gif

If this is the case, thats GREAT!!! I have more time to study! :D

If you register for this offer prior to taking any IT Pro or Developer exam you will get a free exam if you fail on your first try.

What is IT Pro or Developer exam?

Would that inclued, any MCSA/MCSE/MCDST exam?

This was taken from Microsoft's Website:
    Q: What is the time frame in which I must take my first exam and the retake of that same exam?

A: You must take the first exam between February 28 and May 31, 2005, and if you fail it, you may retake the same exam at no additional cost before June 30, 2005.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just signed up the other day with Prometric and they wouldn't let me use a voucher that I bought at getcertify4less. They said the they can only do vouchers that were paid in full price. Also you need to sign up to the Microsoft website to get the promo code as well before you sign up and make an appointment for your exam. Just information for you all.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NPA24 wrote:
    I just signed up the other day with Prometric and they wouldn't let me use a voucher that I bought at getcertify4less. They said the they can only do vouchers that were paid in full price. Also you need to sign up to the Microsoft website to get the promo code as well before you sign up and make an appointment for your exam. Just information for you all.

I just called ww.vue.com an did an online chat at the same time and they both told me this is not the case. They said i am eligible and I also used a voucher from certify4less.com and they said I’m eligible & I didn't have a MS promo code either! icon_confused.gif

Webmaster, help us get this straight!!!! icon_cry.gif

i know Prometric is different than Vue... but wouldn't they have the same rules for the same promo? icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    D-boy wrote:
    NPA24 wrote:

I just called ww.vue.com i know Prometric is different than Vue... but wouldn't they have the same rules for the same promo? icon_confused.gif
    Appearantly not. Check out the red text on this page:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.getcertify4less.com/microsoft-pearson-vue-second-shot.asp
    Microsoft voucher for Prometric does not qualify for 2nd shot Free.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the clarification Johan. They didn't have that page with that in red when I bought the voucher. Oh well, next time I know.
  • Options
    jasonijasoni Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wont start taking tests until around september so i guess i miss out icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    D-boy wrote:
    NPA24 wrote:

I just called ww.vue.com i know Prometric is different than Vue... but wouldn't they have the same rules for the same promo? icon_confused.gif
    Appearantly not. Check out the red text on this page:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.getcertify4less.com/microsoft-pearson-vue-second-shot.asp
    Microsoft voucher for Prometric does not qualify for 2nd shot Free.

These are conflicting information and I don't know which to believe.

According to Microsoft's website: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/details.asp
    ...You may register for the initial exam via an exam delivery provider (EDP) Web site, and if you fail, you can call the Pearson VUE or Thomson Prometric call centers to schedule your retake exam.

Do they or don't they (Prometric) offer the 2nd shot promo??

I need to know because I've purchased a voucher for Prometric assuming that I can quailfy for the promo.

Can anyone confirm this?

thx
  • Options
    bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just called Prometric, apparently they can't combine voucher numbers with promo numbers.

You can still qualify for the free 2nd shot if you pay thru Prometric (without using any vouchers).

Hope this helps.

Good luck on your exams.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Work just bought me one through getcertified4less.com. I havn't set a date yet but I have promo number.
  • Options
    confuzzconfuzz Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    does anyone know if this works for the 072 series exams? some of the people in my class were able to get it, but when they were running the last free retake at vue, we had conflicts because our school hasn't been offically certifed as an IT academy, but microsoft says we still count as one....