Options

After much anticipation Cisco got back to me...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Matt27[lt]Matt27[lt] Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. I will drink to that:D
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    Well I just turned in my contract and w2 all signed and ready to go.

The guy said "I was suprised I started your background check and noticed you already had one done on Jan 5th with Cisco. How come you didnt get the job?"

So I let him know that I wasnt very strong on the EMC SAN Storage and while I fit 90% of what they were looking for with that position they required EMC experience. And Cisco wanted the background started prior to making an offer because the needed the candidates to start the next week.

Anyways, was a little nervous because I may or may not have 1 blemish, an unpaid speeding ticket I forgot I had 2 years ago which ballooned to 1400 bucks now, and never really had a chance to pay it off since they wont accept payments unless a judge says its ok, and I have no time / money to get down to drive 500 miles away to deal with it.

But he said that wont be a problem, he just placed a guy at Cisco that got a DUI 3 months prior to starting and has since got another one and he still got the job. lol. So I'm good, and I will go in Wednesday to get my badge and start on the 7th.

So giggity! :)
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    millworx wrote: »
    So giggity! :)

Most definitely. I was getting worried for you. Congratulations to you since you finally beat Californias 12 % unemployment rate. Party hardy this weekend if you can.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Amazing, congratulations!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.