Options

IPS Global Network - anyone have experience of them?

jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
I'm always suspicious when I see a new blog with a recommendation to try a service that you haven't seen results from...especially a "pay to get a job" type service. My experience has been that they are almost always either straight up scams or at best, only providing you information available for free elsewhere. Hopefully they are the exception to the rule.

edit:
hmmm...how the hell did this post end up at the top of this thread....

EDIT EDIT:
Figured it out. Time stamps are off for some reason. [edit by icon_wm.gif: issue should be resolved]

Sounds like a standard recruiter move and your blog post looks paid. Is it?

EDIT:
Disregard this. I missed the part where you are paying the recruiter for access to their database. That usually screams scam to me.

Comments

• Options
    mfieldhousemfieldhouse Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    These guys called me today

IPS GLOBAL NETWORK | CONTRACTOR PLACEMENT | BUSINESS NETWORK | PERSONALISED EMAIL

They say they seek job possibilities on behalf of contractors at 239+VAT per year.

They don't charge anything until they find you a contract which you accept.

I'm going to give them a chance and write more about them on my blog over at IPS Global Network Review
  • Options
    Nope, I couldn't find anything online about them when I searched so decided to create some info myself.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not recommending them in my blog post, I just wanted to give a completely unbiased account of my experience with them.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not recommending them in my blog post, I just wanted to give a completely unbiased account of my experience with them.
    I’m prepared to give IPS a chance. I’ve got an exact job type in mind, including length, daily rate and job description and will only accept if I find exactly what I’m looking for. If they produce something which matches or better, I’ll happily sign up and pay the fee – and it’s a win/win situation.
    I’m not comfortable with applying for positions through their job search as most of them are available on other sites. So I’ll be leaving it up to my account manager Richard to find suitable positions.

I recommend you sign up and do the same.

ummm...This certainly sounds like a recommendation to me ;)
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Time stamp issues aside, if you have to pay a recruiter to search for a job, you're better off using that money for the lottery.

No amount of money you pay a recruiter will trump the amount of effort that has to be put in to find a job you are comfortable with. Every IT job I've ever had (with the exception of the first one...that one was a "right-place-right-time move) has been found through my own efforts and determination. No account manager is going to do that for you, and if he says otherwise he's lying.

If there is at least one person who will pay this guy a fee, then there are probably at least 20-30 others that have done the same; usually out of desperation. No way in Hades will this guy act in your own best interest when he's gotta do the same for others. Assuming it is not a scam, even if he does find you a job, have fun with the MckieDees salary you will most likely earn through the company your recruiter found for you.

In short, don't be lazy and keep at it on the job search. One day it will pay off. :)