Options

Poll on difficulty level of the exam

13»

Comments

• Options
    mackfreddiemackfreddie Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, I studied everyday.
    took practice exams from Preplogic, bought a book,
    went to a class for it and still...I failed.
    Hardly any of the material in the class, practice exams, and books were on the exam.
    So, what's a geek to do?
    What are the books and practice exams that do cover all of the exam material???
    Please help. Don't wanna fail again.

-Mack Freddie
    icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    l4wt0nl4wt0n Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mackfreddie...

I passed the exam yesterday and i used the preplogic simulation tests and also the examcram book. I worked my way through the book and took a few practice tests in learning mode so I could see where I went wrong and then went for the exam when i felt i was ready.

Everyone learns different but that's what worked for me!
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was tougher than I thought... on the practice tests it seemed I would kick ass with a 900+ score!

I just got back now and I passed for my first time taking any certification exam with only 5 months of hands-on experience (not including 4 year degree, that was a mix of things). My score 747 which Ill take any day

I give it a 8
  • Options
    nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    I personally think that this is one of the harder exams on the MCSA track. There is such a large scope of objectives, that it is hard to study for.
  • Options
    excalibur1814excalibur1814 Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Didn't think it was hard but I've been in general desktop and support for 7 years+ now. I think that if you want a high score, you really have to get your notes in order and remember a lot of commands and what they do.
    Mooooo
  • Options
    ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    It was the 2nd exam I took (other was 290) and I found it harder than 290. I buckled down for about 2 weeks and passed. I also changed alot of my answers that I was not 100% on; could have made a difference in doing well and not.
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    I thought it was a difficult test. But I passed it. With an 800+. The wording was more difficult than the actual questions. It was like having a conversation with a scholar when you 3. (bit of a stretch there, but you get the point) Once you weed through all the B/S thrown in the fluff out the size of the question, it's not too difficult. I'll give it a 7/10. First exam btw. Mine was a 50 question test. ~35 Multiple Choice and ~15 Select all that apply.
  • Options
    DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi
    Gave it 4 it wasn't so bad. I passed it with 889. One is for sure. If you using xp in home and it is pro version it WON'T be enough! But if you will study a little you will pass icon_smile.gif
    Good luck
  • Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Dagged wrote: »
    hi
    Gave it 4 it wasn't so bad. I passed it with 889. One is for sure. If you using xp in home and it is pro version it WON'T be enough! But if you will study a little you will pass icon_smile.gif
    Good luck

I passed with 842 and I gave it an 8. Its one of these things where. Once you get the hang of how it works you will be fine. But to get to that stage is where the hard part comes. That is why I gave it an 8
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    ExodorExodor Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed A+ and Net+ on the first try. Neither of them were overly difficult.

I failed this test three months ago with a 690 (arrrrrrrgh). Agree with what others have said about the language; the material isn't hard, but deciphering the language of the questions can be next to impossible.

I'm studying to retake in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This one for an OS exam was fairly tricky, i scored 840 on it, but the scope that it covered was quite large. I sat 70-620 today and that was so easy! Dont know how it can be MCSE OS Exam.

I rate it 6.5
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!
  • Options
    tanixtanix Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to say thanks to the Techexams folks and random informing posters. I took the test today and scored an 889. I hate taking tests as I have terrible test anxiety. Using this resource as a back up to my Testout, MS Press, Exam cram books and Measure up really polished the edges for me.

I have many more tests to go in different focuses and will be sure to keep this site on my list for information. Thanks all for the great work!
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I gave it a 7 because it was sneaky-difficult. I passed with a 798 which was my second-lowest score of my MSCE track. I completely underestimated this test and only studied about 3 hours the night before with the MCSE Electives 'In a Nutshell' book - I thought I would ace it on experience alone. Fortunately this test served as a wake-up call and I put more effort into studying after I took it.
  • Options
    ozone2979ozone2979 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I voted a 5. I just got back from taking the test and scored a 715. I know i just made it but I only studied for 3 days, about 3-4 hrs a day from 1 book (ExamCram2). I have alot of experience with XP pro on a stand-alone level and minimal in a network environment. I think if I had taken more time to study i could have aced that test but I have alot of other school related classes and trying to at least pass everything. I took all 5 of my tests in the last 8 months and havent failed yet (fingers crossed).

Just take the time to study and use at least 2 sources and you should be fine. My test focused alot on unattended installs, NTFS and shared folder security, and remote users. **Make sure you know folder and file securities inside and out**
    WIP:Security+
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    And I'll add IIS and security templates. You're not tested heavily on these but they are often overlooked when people study for this exam.
  • Options
    macrylindamacrylinda Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone tell me how hard this exam is compared to A+ Hardware/Software ?
    i use xp pro at home so i knew about 25% of it..most of the theory stuff is quite easy .....its all about practicing the other stuff such as setting up accounts/turning on quotas /remote assistance etc and command lines for rollouts etc

lvnvrgnia wrote: »
    I took the 70-270 test on Monday and passed with a 954. I don't think we can say whether it was easy or not. It all depends what you know and how well you studied. I work with XP daily and group policies, desktop support and several operating systems in this environment. I also studied for a month straight every free moment I had to include the whole weekend before I took the test. When I finished I had an hour and ten minutes still left. To me it was easy but I was also well prepared.
    I have not yet taken this test but I'm thinking it will be my next one.

That said, I will answer the pole question with the same answer I give when asked about ANY test:

"It's only hard if you don't know the answers."

mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    doramide7 wrote: »
    "It's only hard if you don't know the answers."

Not quite true; you can know the answer but if the question is verbose and convoluted you may easily be tricked or beaten into submission. That's what made 70-293 and 70-294 difficult, not just the topics.

The topics were hard also, should mention that.