Options

I've got 2 opportunities for SF Bay Area People.

millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
OK so In about a week after I start my new job I may or may not be able to continue working my contract in Palo Alto. I'm going to try to swing the client on letting me continue working with them remotely. However, if that is the case is there anyone here looking for contract work? It's not full time, it would be more of on-call work. And you will be very independent.

Several Centos 5.5 servers with XEN kernal. Each machine is a Dom0 with many DomU's installed. It's pretty essential you have great Linux experience. Experience with XEN is a big plus. (I really have no experience with XEN until now but it's really not that complicated). Experience with NIS, DNS, LDAP Authentication, Setting up FTP, Cron Jobs, etc is important.

Next major thing experience with OSX10 / Windows Desktop.

Experience with PIX/ASA FOS 7.0 and up is great too.

========================================
Secondly, I'll be turning down the Systems Administrator position in Los Gatos. It is a full time job, contract length 6 months, with possibility to hire. This is direct contract, no recruiters involved.

Requires experience with Windows NT4 / Windows 2000/2003 Server
Experience with WSUS, Active Directory Migration, Exchange 5.5+, PRTG, IIS 3 and 4 Administration, MSSQL Administration, Trendnet Antivirus, Norton Ghost, Basic Desktop Support, some switch management but not very heavy may require some VLAN/ Private VLAN setup.

If anyone is interested and lives in the area, let me know and I'll see what I can do to pass your information along. The Systems Administrator in Los Gatos is definitely going to be open as I am turning it down. The contract in Palo Alto is a maybe depending if I can swing the client on keeping me remote.
Currently Reading:
CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide