CCNA Goodbye

TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the resources and support the members provide. Truly a great community. I started my CCNA studies In Oct of last year and really focused in Dec through Jan. My resources comprised of the Sybex book, Chris Bryant (which I have to say was worth the $25 imho) and lastly Boson Lab Sim and Exam Sim. Boson was quite hard and I'd be all over the place with my results usually never below 79% though.

I was a wreck last night with this exam scheduled for today. Did all my last minute prep then off the the exam centre. I started the exam nervous as hell and ended up spending 17 min on the first question as my luck would have it a simulator question.... MODERATED question. After that I thought I wasn't going to make it. But my nerves settled after that was out of the way and then I got into a groove.

Last question was a MODERATED one and I was happy, I am the most comfortable with those. 24 min left on the clock I ended the exam. Clicked next felt like that 30 secs while it calculates the exams score would never pass and the finally then result! Nope some other screen lol After that one I got my mark 936. Completely surprised but happy none the less..... :D

Here's was the breakdown for the exam results:

Describe how a network works 100%
Configure, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs ... 86%
Implement an IP addressing Scheme and IP services ... 100%
Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operations and routing ... 79%
Explain and select the appropriate admin tasks required for a WLAN 100%
Describe security threats to network and methods to mitigate 100%
Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs ... 100%
Implement and verify WAN links 100%

Looking forward to my CCNA Security and after that CCVP :)

Thanks again to all for all the advice and resources. Greatly appreciated.

Comments

  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658
    Wow nice score congrats.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • alan2308alan2308 CISSP, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA R&S, CCNA Security Ann Arbor, MIMember Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

    Now update your profile. icon_lol.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAMember Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats well done!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

    Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, eMAPT, CEH, CNDA, A+, Network+, Security+ Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Definitely great score!

  • IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA Goodbye sounds like you're giving up on it

    So when I read the thread I was glad to see you passed!

    CCNA Hello!!!

    Congrats

    icon_thumright.gif
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113
    congrats on the great score. Are you from Trinidad btw?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,090
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

    The first Cisco exam can be a shock to your system. I still remember having the "during exam jitters" during my CCNA exam -- and the pre-exam jitters for about my first 15 Cisco exams icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,313
    Trinidad wrote: »
    Hi All,

    Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all the resources and support the members provide. Truly a great community. I started my CCNA studies In Oct of last year and really focused in Dec through Jan. My resources comprised of the Sybex book, Chris Bryant (which I have to say was worth the $25 imho) and lastly Boson Lab Sim and Exam Sim. Boson was quite hard and I'd be all over the place with my results usually never below 79% though.

    I was a wreck last night with this exam scheduled for today. Did all my last minute prep then off the the exam centre. I started the exam nervous as hell and ended up spending 17 min on the first question as my luck would have it a simulator question.... MODERATED question. After that I thought I wasn't going to make it. But my nerves settled after that was out of the way and then I got into a groove.

    Last question was a MODERATED one and I was happy, I am the most comfortable with those. 24 min left on the clock I ended the exam. Clicked next felt like that 30 secs while it calculates the exams score would never pass and the finally then result! Nope some other screen lol After that one I got my mark 936. Completely surprised but happy none the less..... :D

    Here's was the breakdown for the exam results:

    Describe how a network works 100%
    Configure, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs ... 86%
    Implement an IP addressing Scheme and IP services ... 100%
    Configure, verify, and troubleshoot basic router operations and routing ... 79%
    Explain and select the appropriate admin tasks required for a WLAN 100%
    Describe security threats to network and methods to mitigate 100%
    Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs ... 100%
    Implement and verify WAN links 100%

    Looking forward to my CCNA Security and after that CCVP :)

    Thanks again to all for all the advice and resources. Greatly appreciated.

    Fantastic result. You slaughtered the exam inside 4 months.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Netwurk wrote: »
    CCNA Goodbye sounds like you're giving up on it

    So when I read the thread I was glad to see you passed!

    CCNA Hello!!!

    Congrats

    icon_thumright.gif


    yeah, I thought either he was giving up, or letting a current CCNA expire...


    congrats yo
    Currently Working On

    CWTS, then WireShark
  • TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys for all your kinds words. I really must say I was surprised with the results having heard about how difficult the exam is and being my first cisco exam between the nerves and just not knowing what to expect it was pretty tough. The members here are extremely knowledgeable and the posts as well as their study recommendations have always helped me out. Even though the boson package was a bit pricey ($280 US) I think it was well worth it. Although not a complete substitute for real cisco equipment pretty good.

    @impz: Yes I am from Trinidad :D

    Thanks again :)
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113
    Trinidad wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all your kinds words. I really must say I was surprised with the results having heard about how difficult the exam is and being my first cisco exam between the nerves and just not knowing what to expect it was pretty tough. The members here are extremely knowledgeable and the posts as well as their study recommendations have always helped me out. Even though the boson package was a bit pricey ($280 US) I think it was well worth it. Although not a complete substitute for real cisco equipment pretty good.

    @impz: Yes I am from Trinidad :D

    Thanks again :)
    which area hoss and yuh do d exam in SBCS or Bordercom?

    is a good thing yuh didnt buy no real gear. dem customs men charge me a killing for d routers and switches.
  • TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lol those customs fellas, give a real hard time. But I'm not living in Trinidad anymore. Living in Canada currently.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats on the pass! Job well done! I'm debating if I should get the Chris Bryant Advantage package for $25.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

    Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

    Video currently watching:

    [CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • TrinidadTrinidad Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Job well done! I'm debating if I should get the Chris Bryant Advantage package for $25.

    Thanks! To be honest, for $25 I think it was worth while besides you also get the CCNA security if you want to pursue that afterwards. And I think he also has some POD time that you can schedule to do his labs. I figured for $25 what do I really have to lose? (Other than the obvious $25......I know someone will say that icon_lol.gif)
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    mikej412 wrote: »

    The first Cisco exam can be a shock to your system. I still remember having the "during exam jitters" during my CCNA exam -- and the pre-exam jitters for about my first 15 Cisco exams icon_lol.gif

    The two CCNA exams I had no jitters for, which was a good and bad thing. I got uppity and arrogant on ICND2 and didn't know my Frame Relay as well as I should have going in, and it almost cost me.

    The first time I took BSCI though, damn, that exam snapped me back to reality. I was so sure I was going to nail it, and then I started seeing questions on stuff that I'd never read about in any text. Huge sense of relief when I passed it, albeit barely. That taught me to be cautious about any other Cisco exam I approached.

    Now, I have a good idea what to expect, and the level of preparation I need, and when I'm ready, something just clinches in my gut, and I generally go schedule the exam for that day or the next (my testing center has gotten used to me walking in and signing up for an exam on the spot).

    I'm expecting the CCIE Written to be alot like the first time I took BSCI, since by all accounts, it's Trivial Pursuit Cisco Edition.
  • impzimpz Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 113
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Job well done! I'm debating if I should get the Chris Bryant Advantage package for $25.
    If you want, I could send you one or two chapters in pdf format from his ebook to see if you like it.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    impz wrote: »
    If you want, I could send you one or two chapters in pdf format from his ebook to see if you like it.

    sure! ill PM you my email address.
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

    Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

    Video currently watching:

    [CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
Sign In or Register to comment.