Options

Missed AKV1 (CIW Javascript) by two questions..

Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
icon_sad.gif First certification test I have failed in 15 years!
The test was not at all like the crammaster material or the McMCSE study guide.

Good thing is that I can retake the old exam because I took it before new exam was required for the akv1/bov1 courses.

I know the areas to brush up on now..

Should be good to go in another two weeks. Starting Net+ studies.bowing.gif
WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Good luck on the retake.

I don't know how so many find the Javascript exam so easy. I studied over a month before I was comfortable with the material.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the retake, you'll pass it!

I'm not looking forward to taking this...
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am so buying a uCertify kit when the time comes. It helped for Project+, I'm sure it will help for this.

Jack, you got this next time!
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I am so buying a uCertify kit when the time comes. It helped for Project+, I'm sure it will help for this.

uCertify is to CIW what Transcender used to be for Microsoft exams. . . THE prep kit. I found the uCertify materials to be extremely helpful for all of the CIW exams (although I didn't do more than the demo for Foundations).
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    petedude wrote: »
    uCertify is to CIW what Transcender used to be for Microsoft exams. . . THE prep kit. I found the uCertify materials to be extremely helpful for all of the CIW exams (although I didn't do more than the demo for Foundations).

Same here...I was actually talked out of spending money for the prepkit for CIW v5...it is the only certification that I did not really study for. (It is a comprehensive exam of EVERYTHING I did IT-wise since I was 14....I'm 33 now....lmao)

I have to hold out though, because it is not clear to me if I have to take the 435 or whatever new exam CIW offers (535?).

I normally advocate and advise taking the latest and greatest (e.g. Project+) but I can't wait for new materials to be available. Otherwise, after I'm done with my 18 CUs this month (February), I will have to push this exam after INT1. Then I can finally focus on the EA exams.... :D

I'll see how it is though.