Options

Linkedin - Viewers of this profile also viewed...

2»

Comments

• Options
    ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    Just joined TE's group on Linkedin, membership pending approval :)
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use it.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    is it bad that i have not added anyone from my work on linkedin lol i dont want them as my connections and letting them see my personal stuff.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hmm... it's a professional network, not Facebook. I wonder what kind of personal stuff you post there. I keep it strictly business.
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    I also use it and am apart of the TE group. I try to get on once a week. Its the only kind of social network website that I use.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N2IT wrote: »

Ahh so it is you who has been looking at my profile ;)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Hmm... it's a professional network, not Facebook. I wonder what kind of personal stuff you post there. I keep it strictly business.
    maybe personal is the wrong word. i dont really post much on linkedin. idk i just wouldnt feel comfortable with co-workers having access to my linked in.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Adding coworkers was an issue for me when I wanted to update my profile to add descriptions of my positions. I only trickle the updates to my profile so that the company wouldn't get spooked. It's not an issue now and I suppose I need to go update the profile considering I just jumped ship. Still, I'm in debate as to whether I'm going to add my new coworkers or not.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I avoid adding current co-workers as connections on LinkedIn. I don't want them seeing any recruiters that get added to my contacts or sudden profile updates.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Does everyone have the activity feed on? I turned that thing off the minute I became aware of it.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I believe I did, but haven't been able to check to see how much information is spout about what I'm doing.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    If you apply to join TechExams.Net's LinkedIn users group, I'm the one who gives who gives you the approval. (Big whoop, as I refuse no one. icon_lol.gif)

I also send all TE LI group members an invite to link with me personally. Check my sig in this post.
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
  • Options
    ccnxjrccnxjr Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I stopped using it the last time I was job hunting , oddly enough found CraigsList more useful.
    Actually both technical positions I held in the private sector I found on CraigsList.
    Then again, the bulk of "contacts" i have on there are sales-type folk and not many technical contacts on there.
    I'm horrible with social media and keeping in touch type thing.

Just sent my application for the TE group.
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use it quite a bit to see what is happening in industries that effect me and also find it good for networking. Just joined and got a very speedy acceptance.
  • Options
    pakgeekpakgeek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I proactively started using LinkedIn in the last few months so would love to connect with you folks. I accept all invites!!

Abdul Kazi| LinkedIn
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't use it, nor do I use any "social networks" other than those in person. Much better conversation that way :)

Ok, so TE might be considered a form of social network.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @DWaH

Yeah I was trying to figure out who you where in relation to this board. I figured it out :)
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm out there, and am also a member of the TE group. I regularly (thanks to advice from the fine folks here) get contacted by recruiters.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    I have an account and have not really used it but the E-mail that was created just for it is getting hammered by spam anyone else?
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just finished a phone interview from a contact on LinkedIn. While I thought it went well, I won't be pursuing it much after the "thank you" email. I suspect that even if I'm offered the position, based on the fact that it was more of a lateral move for me, where the position is, and the fact that this shop has leads upon leads that would be above me, I'm probably going to get lowballed. Which is fine, because I have bigger fish to fry. Though the shop did have certain advantages that made me at least entertain the interview.

LinkedIN plus Indeed, are great resources to use. You can do homework on who is at that shop, and possibly gain an understanding of where this person stands professionally. There are also groups that I'm semi-active in (that aren't all "job-hunting" groups.)