Options

MCSA+Messaging

JustinasMJustinasM Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
MCSA + Messaging:

Course 2285, 2274, 2275 and 2276: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-270)

Course 2274,2275,2276: Managing a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Environment (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-290)

Course 2277: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-291)

Course 4913 - 4926: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-284)

Hello,
I am going to have these exams. Maybe you could offer me there I can found good material for this exam ? And Are questions going to be something like in Microsoft E-Learning ?

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It might be better placed to start with the Windows 7 exam 70-680, the reason for this is 70-284 (or 72-284 which is the academic code for the same exam) is retiring at the end of March. This would mean you would have to take 270, 290 & 291 before 284 so you would have a solid base on which to take 284 - which isn't realistic at all.

You would be better doing 70-680 then 70-640, 70-642, 70-646 and deciding if you wanted to do the Exchange 2007 exams (70-236, 70-237 & 70-238 ) or the Exchange 2010 exams (70-662 & 70-663).
  • Options
    That's sad that I cannot decide this, because my employer ask me to get these exams. After these I am going to need

10274AE: MCITP: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator(Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-646)

This exam also. My employer also provided me Microsoft e-learning access codes, but in my opinion there is lack of information of this courses because then I am trying to make Assessment of courses there are some questions that are not explain in the course.
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    I've been studying for the 284, and there is a lot involved in it, more than I thought. Exchange has a lot of terminology and structure to it. If you work with it everyday, you might have a chance, but it would be hard to pick it up by March since there is some prequisite knowledge you need from the other exams or work experience.
  • Options
    PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are you going to take all these exams in a bunch, o take them one by one?
    If one by one, then decide order of exams you are going to take in a way that every next exam had part of material from previous exams then it's much easier and you even may realize that you have all knowledge you need (i haven't seen what Microsoft e-learning is offering so I can not be sure).
    Secondly, everything heavily depends on your current knowledge of XP, Server 2003 and Exchange 2003. If you have lots of hands-on experience and only need paper to justify that, then maybe you need read MS Press books on subject and you will pass exam, if theory is your stronger side - then set up couple test machines and do labing.
    And it's very strange than your employer is requiring to take 646 - it doesn't give you any certificate without required 640 and 642 exams.
    Also as Asif Dasl already said - you have only 2 months before 284 exam retires.
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • Options
    I am thinking about taking all these exams as a bunch. At this moment I am studying all courses one by one.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I took the 284 a few years ago and was trying to squeeze it and the 285 in before one of the second shot offers expired. I had been using Exchange 2003 for almost 5 years at the time and I gave myself 5 weeks to complete the 284. I failed my first attempt and passed on a retake 3 weeks later. That's 8 weeks, which is all the time you have left.

But here's the kicker - I already had my 2003 MCSE. I already had a thorough understanding of AD, DNS, Clustering and Certificates, so that 5 weeks was spent just studying Exchange and I still failed. I only know one person who thought the 284 exam was easy, but he worked in Exchange support for Microsoft. Do you have enough experience with Exchange to believe you can pass the test in 8 weeks or is the class your first introduction to Exchange administration?

Never mind how I feel about taking exams on 8 and 9 year old technology, why does your boss want you to complete these exams? They no longer count for any partner requirements. Are these listed as an out of date requirement for a promotion?
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    I agree with Claymoore, it sounds like it might be a requirement to move up a grade within your company. These grade paths seem to always be laid out by management (not always with the best understanding) which then never get revised for years.

Why do they require you to take the MCSA:Messaging track, is it because your exchange system is Exchange 2003? If not you would almost be better off (In my opinion) taking the MCITP 2008 track, and then doing one of the 2007 Exchange Exams.

If the Exchange 2003 isnt negotiable, you could really knuckle down and try to sit the 70-284 exam. Once you have this you could then back fill with the 70-270/90/91 or move onto the MCITP track.

I have had my 70-270/90/91 for a while now and Im thinking of cramming for the 284 Messaging, but not sure if the 7 weeks left is long enough like the others have mentioned. I might just take an AD module. Then move onto the MCITP track with Exchange 2007.

Just my thoughts.
    Nick
  • Options
    Safora NaazSafora Naaz Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JustinasM wrote: »
    MCSA + Messaging:

Course 2285, 2274, 2275 and 2276: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-270)

Course 2274,2275,2276: Managing a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Environment (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-290)

Course 2277: Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-291)

Course 4913 - 4926: Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (Exam Required) (Exam Code 072-284)

Hello,
    I am going to have these exams. Maybe you could offer me there I can found good material for this exam ? And Are questions going to be something like in Microsoft E-Learning ?
    Hey r u doing this from Dynamics IT Solutions
  • Options
    vazzshazzvazzshazz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey I'm doin from that company so can u help me out please