Options

taking the net + next week

error0error0 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
does any body know if there is alot of unix, appletalk and netware questions on the test. and do you have to know the osi model like really good in order to pass. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Did'nt get too much on Unix and appletalk, but make sure you know the OSI model well, like which layers do what, and what devices work at each layer etc. icon_lol.gificon_cool.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    error0 wrote:
    does any body know if there is alot of unix, appletalk and netware questions on the test. and do you have to know the osi model like really good in order to pass. icon_confused.gif
    You should at least know all the stuff in our Netware Linux and Appletalk TechNotes, and yeah, you have to know the OSI model pretty well. Don't worry though, it may seem like a drag to learn the OSI model, it will help you understand many other aspects of networking.
  • Options
    sxiboysxiboy Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got very little on the OSI model and loads on appletalk unix etc...
    Just depends what questions get picked i guess
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    You should know the OSI model regardless. It's not going to go away after this exam.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    /usr wrote:
    You should know the OSI model regardless. It's not going to go away after this exam.

Not only that, it will make your life easier if you're planning on continuing in IT as a career. Anything dealing with networks, you'll want to know/understand/explain the OSI forward and backward.

The good news: The effort you put into the study, it will stay with you and save you much headache in future exams!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Best of luck, by the way. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    KidTexKidTex Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 2k5 beta. There weren't too many: Appletalk (3-4), Unix (4-5), Novell (8-10) out of 90 total. You definetly need to know the OSI model.
    The irony truly is strange that your the only one you can change -- Anthony Gomes