Options

Doing volunteer work

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm thinking of doing some volunteer IT work for some experience. Do any of you guys know if I'd be screwed if I were to get injured at a volunteer job or anything? Would the company not be able to cover me in that case? Also how would I be able to prove I volunteered at a place? I'm just wondering about situations where if the place I volunteered at went under or if they just decided to not admit I volunteered there?

Comments

• Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First and foremost, I want to let you know that it is great to know you want to volunteer. Many people don't realize that the only you can truly get ahead in life and make an impact is to give back. Moreover, if you were to get injured I'm sure that if the place you are volunteering (if it is a good companyicon_rolleyes.gif) has should some good coverage since they would probably make you sign a document if anything was to happen while you were on the job. Should be able to gain some form of documentation and/or list as a refernce on your resume to be a viable form that you were volunteering...once again back to the fact if it is a "good" company icon_silent.gif. This will be a good experience for you to get some hands on IT experience if you don't have much. Best of luck!icon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    drew726drew726 Member Posts: 237
    I got my first job after doing volunteer work. Although I volunteered at two different places because I needed references.
    Completed Courses:
    SSC1, SST1, AXV1, TTV1, ABV1, TNV1, AHV1, BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LUT1, GAC1, IWC1, INC1, HHT1, LAT1, QLT1, CLC1, IWT1 TPV1, INT1, TSV1, LET1, BOV1, AJV1, ORC1, MGC1, BRV1, AIV1, WFV1,
    TWA1, CPW2
    Incompleted Courses:
    nothing :)