Chapter 3 Building Connectivity

thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
When I was browsing the CD that came with the Cisco Press CCNA Security, I found this PDF, which is Chapter 3 Building Connectivity. It is about firewall configuration, I think. Is this pdf part of the, CCNA security objective?

Since I don't have a firewall at all, there is no way for me to play with the config.
Studying:
Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
Reading:
Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thehourman wrote: »
    When I was browsing the CD that came with the Cisco Press CCNA Security, I found this PDF, which is Chapter 3 Building Connectivity. It is about firewall configuration, I think. Is this pdf part of the, CCNA security objective?

No, its all theory, routers and switches on the CCNA security:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4988
    Since I don't have a firewall at all, there is no way for me to play with the config.

GNS3 does both PIX and ASA firewalls.
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Ok, so I can skip that chapter 3 then.

Thanks
    Studying:
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Ok, so I can skip that chapter 3 then.

Thanks

You need to know how to configure the zone based and classic/CBAC firewall on a router...I don't remember the book talking about the ASAs.
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    shednik wrote: »
    You need to know how to configure the zone based and classic/CBAC firewall on a router...I don't remember the book talking about the ASAs.
    I was talking about the extra PDF that came with the CD.
    Studying:
    Reading: