CCNA Security Done

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
Wrote the exam this morning, despite all of the weather issues. I had to drop the wife off at work, and then I thought I might be able to take it earlier today (was scheduled for 12:30), so I went by the testing center and it was CLOSED! So I called VUE and had it transfered to another nearby center and I sat it.

Not as bad as I had anticipated, but I did spend a lot of time preparing. Seems to map up well to the CCNA in that it is half general security concepts and half Cisco specific things.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! icon_thumright.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!! What were your study materials?

I ask because I'm thinking of taking it May this year. Right now, I have Packet tracer, the IINS book by Paquet, Chris Bryant's study stuff, Skillport and soon VTE.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    the IINS book by Paquet

How is it?

So far all I've used is CBT Nuggets and the Steven Bowler labs I found on ebay.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!! What were your study materials?

I ask because I'm thinking of taking it May this year. Right now, I have Packet tracer, the IINS book by Paquet, Chris Bryant's study stuff, Skillport and soon VTE.

I primarily used the Cisco Press book and Skillport Live Learning. I also had access to CBT Nuggest and Train Signal; of the two, I think Train Signal was better, but I simply used that as background noise when I was doing other things, barely paying any attention. The VTE for CCNA Security is a version behind, but still relevant.

EDIT: We appear to be going in opposite directions :) You are doing CEH -> CCNA Security -> CISSP... I have done CISSP -> CCNA Security and plan on doing CEH in April.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    How is it?

The CBT Nuggets for this is amazing; I really should have took it a while back but priorities switched. The Paquet book is pretty good ( I only got through chapter 2). From what I'm hearing it takes you well beyond the CCNA Security curriculum.
    powerfool wrote:
    I primarily used the Cisco Press book and Skillport Live Learning. I also had access to CBT Nuggest and Train Signal; of the two, I think Train Signal was better, but I simply used that as background noise when I was doing other things, barely paying any attention. The VTE for CCNA Security is a version behind, but still relevant.

EDIT: We appear to be going in opposite directions icon_smile.gif You are doing CEH -> CCNA Security -> CISSP... I have done CISSP -> CCNA Security and plan on doing CEH in April.

Sounds like I'll be in good shape when I switch gears! I didn't even realize that pattern until now :). I have to catch up to your Master's progress but I'm sure you'll graduate before me!
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • RoadwarriorsLiveRoadwarriorsLive Member Posts: 104
    How is it?

Whats the exact name for those labs? I am looking for labs on security now.
    WGU Graduate - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology Security

Started MS ISA on April 1st
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Whats the exact name for those labs? I am looking for labs on security now.

Bowler CBT Labs items - Get great deals on ccna, ccnp items on eBay Stores!

He is also a member of this forum TechExams.net IT Certification Forums - View Profile: CCIEWANNABE
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■

He's got a thread here on TE with links to his videos on You Tube: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccie/44678-my-ccie-r-s-video-lab-tutorial-thread.html

Checking his You Tube Channel, he's recently updated/added the Zone Based Firewall Lab Videos
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • RoadwarriorsLiveRoadwarriorsLive Member Posts: 104
    WGU Graduate - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology Security

Started MS ISA on April 1st
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    powerfool wrote: »
    so I went by the testing center and it was CLOSED!

LOL, get a load of this... I went to sit my project+ exam on Friday and they said they couldn't book my exam because 'The internet was down'... I told them I could fix it so they let me in :) saw that they couldn't even reach their default gateway, gave their cisco 831 a kick and it came back up... I sat and passed (thank god)...

Congrats on the CCNA:Sec!!! and while I'm at it the CISSP!!!

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    LOL, get a load of this... I went to sit my project+ exam on Friday and they said they couldn't book my exam because 'The internet was down'... I told them I could fix it so they let me in :) saw that they couldn't even reach their default gateway, gave their cisco 831 a kick and it came back up... I sat and passed (thank god)...

haha nice. i love moments like those.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."