Options

Bored of IT ..

2»

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    Turgon wrote: »
    Well a lot of design work is being deskilled these days as things become standardized, we have already seen this in operations type work. As it happens the design work I do ultimately leads to automation but we have to design, test, build and support lots of new complicated infrastructure before we get to that point. If you are going to define an infrastructure standard you need to know how something works and how to implement it properly on a platform, which for something like QoS with its queuing variances across different boxes requires a lot of attention to detail, and config!

I see. So where do you see design more work ? in service providers or vendors or channel partners or telcos or banking/financial services?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Definately sounds like you need a break or a change of scenery. In my situation, I agree with Claymoore and Turgon because thats what worked for me - I changed into a Design/Consultancy role and it completely refreshed me as it gave me a new set of challenges.

Hope you manage to find a quick solution to your problems!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln