Options

Taking 290 on Friday

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
I recently passed 270, and now I want to take 290.
I got a 900 on 270, so hopefully ill do well on 290 as well.

Ive heard they are pretty similar.

Comments

• Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Make sure you know groups inside out!

Best of luck! :)
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gateway wrote: »
    Make sure you know groups inside out!

Best of luck! :)

+1, definitely agree with gateway here. Backups is another area I would key in on as well.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Anyone know how many questions the test is, and generally how many sims there are? Ive been looking at some sim videos, and most of this stuff I have done a thousand times over.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    290 is a bit harder than the 270.

Good luck
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Anyone know how many questions the test is, and generally how many sims there are? Ive been looking at some sim videos, and most of this stuff I have done a thousand times over.
    Title: Managing and Maintaining a
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
    Exam code: 70-290
    Format: Conventional multiple choice,
    other question types and sims
    Number of questions: 40-65
    Passing Score: 700
    Exam objectives
    I don't recall how many questions I had (nor would I say), but that is what TE says. You are probably looking somewhere in the lower to middle of that range, but there is no set range.

As for the sims, I think Microsoft likes to keep that about 1/4 to 1/5 of the number of questions. So this number also varies.
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was expecting a few, but a friend of mine told me he had a ton of sims. He also took 9 exams in 9 days and passed them all. So he could be confused.
  • Options
    Ugh. Failed. Got a 638. Time to review. I had quite a few simulations, which I thought I breezed through.

Ill re-take this exam next week (thank you second shot!), and hopefully do much better.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll do better on next test!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    gatewaygateway Member Posts: 232
    Never mind - good luck on the re-take! :)
    Blogging my AWS studies here! http://www.itstudynotes.uk/aws-csa
  • Options
    Sims are usually pretty easy. I like to save them until last, just in case I can possibly use one to help me answer a question. So after I complete the test I go back and do the sims. Then when I am going through to answer my marked questions, I have an idea of which screens might help me. I think this method helped me once in all of the tests I've taken.

Otherwise just study up, you are pretty close to passing and given another couple weeks should be able to get it done. Maybe it would help if you let us know your weak areas or anything that you don't feel you understand (without asking specific questions that you saw)