Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yupp the sky's going to fall...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    network operators must either deploy complex, expensive network address translation technologies to share IPv4 addresses among multiple users or adopt the next-generation of the Internet Protocol called IPv6.

icon_lol.gif

I disconnected 8 unused /29 T-1's from service last month, that's 64 ip's back in the pool. Those should last us for a while.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    phoeneous wrote: »
    icon_lol.gif

I disconnected 8 unused /29 T-1's from service last month, that's 64 ip's back in the pool. Those should last us for a while.
    I know you are joking. But some one ise going to believe you so I have to point out that these will return to your ISP's pool, not to IANA to be handed out.
  • Options
    I know you are joking. But some one ise going to believe you so I have to point out that these will return to your ISP's pool, not to IANA to be handed out.

Im joking about it lasting us for a while. Not joking about disconnecting 8 unused T-1's that were still being payed for even though the adtrans have been powered off for more than a year. Yeah, it felt good to tell management how much we will be saving each month now.
  • Options
    What Does IPv4 Depletion Mean for My Business?
    Technology departments need to be educating themselves and planning a strategy that supports the business needs while providing connectivity for clients and online content to customers.

Fun times.
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    I am amazed at how anti-IPv6 most people are where i work. Probably won't start with IPv6 until ISPs start REMOVING IPv4 access to customers because IPv6 is 99.9% available everywhere.
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Heero wrote: »
    I am amazed at how anti-IPv6 most people are where i work. Probably won't start with IPv6 until ISPs start REMOVING IPv4 access to customers because IPv6 is 99.9% available everywhere.

Probably be the same for me.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I don't really want to know about IP6 like most other people. But still, I'd rather jump in early to get prime addresses; make the most of it with zero compression.