Options

Certification Abroad Questions

XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi. I am teaching English in Korea right now, and I am interested in taking the A+ exam at the end of the month. Can anyone recommend the cheapest way of doing this in Korea? I looked online, and the testing site isn't too far from the USA embassy. So I know where to go to get my test done. But I'm not sure what to do about obtaining vouchers. Certify4Less seems to be just for America/Canada. Where else can I get discounted vouchers? I'd appreciate any help.

I'm looking to return to the states this August, so I'm looking to break into IT with A+ and Network+ when I come back. My current job affords me extra time to study, so I might look into some other entry level certs, but those two are my goal right now.

Comments

• Options
    physicskidphysicskid Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello!

I'm just throwing this out there because I don't know if it's *THE* best or not.

When I took my Network+ and Security+, I didn't feel comfortable purchasing my vouchers through anybody else but CompTIA. I did get a slight discount through CompTIA, but like I said, I'm not sure if it's the best bang for your hard-earned dollars.
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    I actually got my vouchers for A+ and Net+ through Certify4less and I took them here in Japan. They sell discounted international vouchers for A+, Net+ and Sec+. Those worked fine for me here, so I would imagine they would also be fine in Korea.

The only problem was the billing address issue since my cards are all US based. Took a few days and calls to get that all sorted out.
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow