Options

Anyone here use Vipre or Kaspersky in the Enterprise?

tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
we're looking to replace an out of date CA infrastructure. i have had my fill of semantic, thats not even an option. ive read good things about Vipre and K. anyone have any first hand experience with either?

Comments

• Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    tdean wrote: »
    we're looking to replace an out of date CA infrastructure. i have had my fill of semantic, thats not even an option. ive read good things about Vipre and K. anyone have any first hand experience with either?

Just completed a 300+ workstation roll out of viper and have had good luck with it compared to the Symantec Corporate that was in place. Very happy with it so far.icon_cheers.gif
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    Jack2 wrote: »
    Just completed a 300+ workstation roll out of viper and have had good luck with it compared to the Symantec Corporate that was in place. Very happy with it so far.icon_cheers.gif
    cool, and you are monitoring it from a server etc? hows the support? do they speak english? thats kind of a biggie for me. i was over at their forums poking around and there seem to be few problems and fast friendly help for those that do have problems.

any virtual servers?
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    We've got Vipre and Kaspersky in place at several of our clients. Kaspersky support is fairly rude but efficient. Unfortunately I can't say good things about the product as you have to tweak it immediately after installation (turn off self protection) to have a usable system. And yes that's what Kaspersky's support tells you to do too. I do like their management kit though, it is pretty easy to use. I don't really have too much I can say about Vipre, though the weird thing I've seen about it is we deployed it at one site and later on some of the machines that were acting weird we found to still have Trend Micro still on them. It just wouldn't show up in add/remove or the task bar until we uninstalled Vipre. But I haven't worked with it too much myself yet so I don't know how good the management tools are.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    We are a Managed Services Provider and the company we do IT for didnt want to have Kaspersky, they didnt want to hand over their AV system and money over to the Russians!!!

We run SEP11 which isnt upto scratch but what do you do...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    We started using Vipre over McAfee Total Protection because the Sunbelt product (now GFI) is way less expensive and the scan and clean results are nearly identical.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been using Vipre here for a few months now and the few times I've had to deal with their support dept have been great experiences. The major thing I've run into have been false positives (they blocked akamai.net which a lot of companies use for image hosting). Reported it that morning, and the next definition update that afternoon had it fixed.

We got a fantastic deal on it too, but that may be due to us ordering it right at the end of 2010. We got 4 years of Vipre for what we paid for 1 year of SEP, AND they tossed in a home license of Vipre for our employees when I mentioned that some of their competitors were doing the same. :)
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]