When will MCSE 2003 tests be retired....

..or when do you think they will be retired? I have not heard any news about this as of late. After having earned my MCSA, should I even follow through to the end for the MCSE? It would take me a pretty long time to finish the remaining 3 tests.

Please advise.

Comments

• za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have only three exams left I wouldn't worry, I know that 70-270 will retire in June 2011 and that's the XP exam so I don't think MCSE will retire before 2012.

You can check MS site though for an update about each exam just to be in safe place.
  • MattMcNabbMattMcNabb Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hex_omega wrote: »
    ..or when do you think they will be retired? I have not heard any news about this as of late. After having earned my MCSA, should I even follow through to the end for the MCSE? It would take me a pretty long time to finish the remaining 3 tests.

Please advise.

Think of it this way: There are three tests to become an MCSE and two to upgrade to MCITP:EA from there. Or you can take five tests for the MCITP:EA by itself. Five tests either way but with the MCSE path you will have the "Engineer" credential which looks good and it is a well known credential with HR peeps. And it looks as if Microsoft won't ever be using the term "Engineer" again. It's up to you but I am opting for the upgrade path.
    “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would also recommend completing the MCSE.

The 70-293 and 294 exams have a lot of overlap with 70-290 and 291 that you completed for your MCSA. I would just make a condensed plan to get those two exams completed and then pick your design exam. The other consideration is when will Microsoft retire the upgrade exam. It has been really hit or miss there. The NT4 to 2000 upgrade was short lived, but the 2000 to 2003 upgrade exams were around for long enough that I feel stupid for letting them pass by. Usually you will have a couple of years after they retire the MCSE 2003 exams, but who knows.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro