Options

MCITP:EA + SA + Messaging 2010

Fellas,

I'm currently doing help desk work and have a A+ certification to my name.

I basically love anything Microsoft and was wondering if I pursue and become MCITP:EA+SA+Messaging 2010 certified.

Will that be enough for me to leave the help desk world and on to a more "technical or well paying job" perhaps system admin work?

keep in mind, I only have help desk experience.

However, will the above certifications get me more attention and land me more high tech interviews if I passed all those exams ?

Would do you guys and gals think ?

Comments

• Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    It can't hurt.

I really can't say since I am in a desktop support role, but I am trying hard to move into a networking role. I just finished up my MCSE and working on MCITP:SA as part of attending WGU. I am going after my Bachelors because a lot of businesses around here asks for one, so once that is obtained I will try to break free of my desktop support role and move into something better.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Of course it will that if you studied/learned the material passing the exams alone is not enough you really need to know your ways in order to be a Sys Admin.

I suggest you do the following track

MCITP-SA by this you have good knowledge about Windows Server 2008
    MCITP-EA then you can do the enterprise level
    MCITP-Messaging at last you focus on Exchange

I do advice you to start with learning Win 7 really well. that would help you along the way.
  • Options
    teksource1984teksource1984 Member Posts: 100
    I see.

Let's say upon passing these exams, I don't land a system admin role right away, what other options other then Desktop Support will these exams do for me ?

Can I become a support engineer ? etc. Please let me know, thanks.