Options

Highly impressed with Capella University.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @erpadmin have you looked at Drexel University. It is highly respected and it does have an AACSB accredited online MBA program.

AACSB Accredited Online MBA Programs at Drexel University Online

An additional one would be Penn State, both are more expensive but if you NEED online they are prominent way to go. Sorry for the derailment of the topic but I was providing some input for your needs.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    Timberwolf5578Timberwolf5578 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All of the counts and I believe that Capella shouldn't be charging that much for an A+ tutorial.

Wow! Are these responses for real?

cisco_certs, I was simply giving an example of one course, just one course. That one specific course happened to have a great interactive A+ Tutorial. Capella offers vastly more courses and tutorials than just that one specific course and tutorial I mentioned.

You know what everyone? I am done responding to posts in this thread.

I try to be nice and offer people some good information, and this is the result.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Chris:/* wrote: »
    @erpadmin have you looked at Drexel University. It is highly respected and it does have an AACSB accredited online MBA program.

AACSB Accredited Online MBA Programs at Drexel University Online

An additional one would be Penn State, both are more expensive but if you NEED online they are prominent way to go. Sorry for the derailment of the topic but I was providing some input for your needs.

Much obliged and appreciated.

I had looked at both Drexel and Penn State. Both require a residency. Not terrible, but Philly is about an hour and 45 minutes from me (Drexel) and PennState is definitely a good, long drive from me. Not terrible, but I was looking for for a specialization in Information Technology management. Drexel seems to have that, but requires an engineering degree. Penn State seems to be a general MBA (but it IS a Penn State MBA...). They do make for good online options, but of course I have to control cost.

In any event, much obliged and thanks again. I will be looking at my options more closely come graduation time.
  • Options
    cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    Wow! Are these responses for real?

cisco_certs, I was simply giving an example of one course, just one course. That one specific course happened to have a great interactive A+ Tutorial. Capella offers vastly more courses and tutorials than just that one specific course and tutorial I mentioned.

You know what everyone? I am done responding to posts in this thread.

I try to be nice and offer people some good information, and this is the result.

Have a nice day everyone.
    Relax, its just my opinion. I'm not bashing you or putting you down.
    My comment was directly to Capella Univ.

The thing is I can learn and 90% of the TE here is able to self study A+ without paying that much of a tuition that Capella is charging. Heck you can even pay website and **** an A+ test.

You cant blame people when they look down at Capella because they are a for profit school and they charge people that works hard for their money a leg & an arm.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Anything extra you earn at a job by having a degree from a forprofit, will be going right back into your student loan and more.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope this post convinces everyone here that I am indeed a genuine student at Capella University and not a paid marketer. One of the reasons I joined Capella was because of all the good things I read about it on these forums.

I personally don't believe you are being paid to say what you've written and are indeed a student at Capella, however, I do suspect a re-occuring attitude I've noticed with a lot of students at these high priced schools. It's an attitude that gets very angry and defensive if anyone questions or criticises the school they are going to. It's almost as if they have swallowed the red pill and don't want anyone to shake them into reality that they overpaid.

It's the same attitude when you tell someone they paid too much for their car, it's an understandable attitude, but in the end doesn't really help your argument.

Capella might be nice, but I need better convincing before I could ever sign a contract with a for profit school. And no, I won't call one of their salespeople, did that once with Devry and almost made a horrible decision!
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    It's interesting that all the cynical comments as to my honesty have suddenly ceased.

That just goes to show you that cynics are often wrong in their assumptions.

Anyways, just to let you all know, I did a ton of research into online universities before I decided to attend Capella University, and I am very glad I did. It has been a great experience.

You had to be coaxed into providing anything like your own opinion, and then you had to post links to the words of others to back you up, since you weren't confident enough in your own words to let them stand on their own. If Capella didn't give you any English classes because you had transfer credit, I'd reconsider it and take them anyway. Since they're worth the money and all, I'm sure they'll teach you how to effectively communicate with the written word.

As far as the other noise, what you've done is basically killed your credibility, and I don't see any benefit in arguing with you further, your opinion is not useful, nor are you useful as an object lesson.

But you go right on thinking you won some internets.
  • Options
    Dave88LXDave88LX Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking at Capella myself, but this guy isn't really helping out at all. I don't know why he's taking his ball and going home. If someone doesn't agree, they don't agree.

In my situation, I have the G.I. Bill, and my company also covers education costs, so I am not too concerned with the cost. Married, 2 kids, full-time job, and quite a bit of travel, online is the only way I will be able to make it work. I'm looking for a Network Engineering/Technology degree. I haven't searched too broad yet, but this seems like it fits the bill for my requirements. I'm also open to looking at other places I can do it online.

FWIW as far as accreditation, they have "The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)". They are regionally accredited. I'm not looking at the school from an MBA perspective so that other accreditation you listed I don't think affects things from my perspective.
    College Accreditation - University Accreditation - School Accreditation
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    astrogeek wrote: »
    I personally don't believe you are being paid to say what you've written and are indeed a student at Capella, however, I do suspect a re-occuring attitude I've noticed with a lot of students at these high priced schools. It's an attitude that gets very angry and defensive if anyone questions or criticises the school they are going to. It's almost as if they have swallowed the red pill and don't want anyone to shake them into reality that they overpaid.

It's the same attitude when you tell someone they paid too much for their car, it's an understandable attitude, but in the end doesn't really help your argument.

Capella might be nice, but I need better convincing before I could ever sign a contract with a for profit school. And no, I won't call one of their salespeople, did that once with Devry and almost made a horrible decision!

I've noticed that also expecially when you mention how much WGU is and the certs you earn along the way.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Chris:* wrote: »
    It is highly respected and it does have an AACSB accredited online MBA program.
    I'm seriously thinking about Oklahoma State University for my online MBA. It's only about $14K(not sure on out of state tuition policy), is 100% online, and is also AACSB accredited.
    Master of Business Administration - Distance Learning

As to the OP, I read the first post and a couple of responses and wrote this thread off as a poorly done marketing attempt.
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jtoast wrote: »
    I'm seriously thinking about Oklahoma State University for my online MBA. It's only about $14K(not sure on out of state tuition policy), is 100% online, and is also AACSB accredited.
    Master of Business Administration - Distance Learning

As to the OP, I read the first post and a couple of responses and wrote this thread off as a poorly done marketing attempt.

Nice find, Oklhahoman.... :D

Thanks to this, I was able to find more schools that are both B&M and (I'd imagine) AACSB-accredited.

I'm gonna post that in the Master thread right now!
  • Options
    ITGuyRickITGuyRick Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be done with this school next year and if price is not of concern it is a good school. Like any other school though, it is what you make of it. Lots of writing, projects, discussions, etc.

For me personally, I get tuition reimbursement so it has fit my needs. The OP here however is doing no favors in showing this school in any decent light.

Bottom line is simple, if cost is not an issue and you want a program online it is worth considering.

Another poster mentioned how some people going to "for profits" get defensive. I have found that to be the case and it has always puzzled me. I have done both personally and find that both are what you make them. If you want to learn, you can do so through work, if you want to screw off and just slide by, you can do that as well. Personally I have no problem with online or campus it is just what the needs of the individual are that determines how you must attend.
    Rick
    Working on: LPIC 1, Next: CWNA, CCNA
    BSIT Capella University (ongoing)