Options

Wireless signal keeps dropping...

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
I've formatted my machine, reinstalled the wireless drivers, etc...

My connection drops every 3-5 seconds, then reconnects, but my signal strength never goes below 95%. My connection dropped one day and I had to reboot the AP to get any of my machines to connect, but my desktop would not reconnect no matter what I tried. The card worked absolutely perfectly before that happened, now I can't stay connected for more than 5 seconds.

I'm sitting beside my desktop as I type this on my laptop, so I know the signal strength is sufficient. Every other pc in my house has no trouble connecting. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Now that I think of it, my other NIC did the same thing in this pc after a few months. It would only connect occasionally because the signal strength was showing around 10% or less. I took it out and threw it in another machine in the same room, it worked perfectly.

Although I can't think of any reason why a pc would allow a NIC to work for a while, then somehow cause it to fail.
  • Options
    Nevermind I think...

I unchecked some crap that Belkin doesn't explain. I changed the "Network Density" setting to high, and the "Airgo enhanced mode" to off. It stayed connected as soon as I did both. Sorry about the post. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I take that back...it's still acting up, just not as often.