Options

CCNP Lab

Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
I was looking through the thread but most LAB setups in the FAQs are old and out dated. My question was what would be enough to get through the CCNP ... I also want to try and do the CCNA : Security also and suggestions on equipment? 2 3550's.. some 2600xm?

Comments

• Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm trying to find the rules of this site before I post something I shouldn't, but there is a very nice website I could send you the link for that has some great explanations and recommendations on what hardware you would want for which Cisco cert. They also sell the hardware, but it can be found elsewhere for much less.

So... Am I allowed to post the link?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    ConradJ wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the rules of this site before I post something I shouldn't, but there is a very nice website I could send you the link for that has some great explanations and recommendations on what hardware you would want for which Cisco cert. They also sell the hardware, but it can be found elsewhere for much less.

Sure, you can recommend a legit site to people here. Especially if you have done business with them and had a positive experience. As long as you aren't advertising or spamming the boards there shouldn't be an issue.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I just looked around at my job and I found a 2611xm which handles 12.4 and a 2620 which would be good... also 2 Pix 515e wireless any use for those? I am lost in all of these lol. Any recommendation as to slots also and cards?
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sure, you can recommend a legit site to people here. Especially if you have done business with them and had a positive experience. As long as you aren't advertising or spamming the boards there shouldn't be an issue.

Aha, perfect. Thank you!

The site is:

Certification Kits

I haven't had any personal dealings with them, but their website has some very good information and build lists.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Your site seems to be fine but if you do post something and it gets replaces by ******s automatically then its not allowed here because of spam or **** issues. Apart from that, generally any on topic site is allowed.
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Aha, perfect. Thank you!

The site is:

Certification Kits

I haven't had any personal dealings with them, but their website has some very good information and build lists.

Hmm, I wonder if they changed their name because of copyright issues, or because they were getting a reputation for overpriced equipment...
  • Options
    Darian929 wrote: »
    I just looked around at my job and I found a 2611xm which handles 12.4 and a 2620 which would be good...
    The 2611XMs would be good but remember that if you want MPLS then you need an older 12.3. Use feature navigator to work out what version.

The 2620 is also fine but you'll be more limited due to the lower CPU, RAM and flash in there. It should have a single FE interface as its a 262x.
    Darian929 wrote: »
    also 2 Pix 515e wireless any use for those?
    The PIX 515E doesn't have wireless. If you get a decent amount of RAM in there then its a decent firewall for a lab as you can get 8.0.4 onto it.
  • Options
    Hmm, I wonder if they changed their name because of copyright issues, or because they were getting a reputation for overpriced equipment...
    I'd guess that Cisco got pissed off or they're expanding into other vendors like Juniper.
  • Options
    I am sorry I know the PIX 815E don't have wireless I dont know why I put that in there jejeje.

Sorry