Options

Kindle for Revision?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying the new Kindle so I can revise from the pdf version of my books, but I'm concerned about how the pdf's will be displayed. Has anyone used one for viewing Cisco press books in pdf format or any Microsoft books?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    humbleboyhumbleboy Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The Kindle DX is amazing for PDFs but don't even for a second try to do it on a regular sized Kindle. The screen is just too small to view the PDFs. But that being said the DX is perfection.
  • Options
    aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    yep the kindle 3g as its sold in the UK is a bit on the small side for PDF's however if you get .chm files of your book the text is resizable and the images in preview and full size mode (similar to what you get if you buy them from amazon)

Also you can use Calibre which is a free program and it can convert pretty much anything to kindle so text(RFC's anyone), html etc. if you read alot anyway i'd recommend one for sure, for just study its so so but as an ebook reader its awesomeicon_study.gif
  • Options
    2E1512E151 Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    humbleboy wrote: »
    The Kindle DX is amazing for PDFs but don't even for a second try to do it on a regular sized Kindle. The screen is just too small to view the PDFs. But that being said the DX is perfection.

What about textbook sized material on the DX? Is it readable?
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I like Goodreader on my iPad, I can import pdf files, add notes,highlight,bookmark,etc plus it can open Word,Excel,Power Point, and a bunch of other stuff.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Im reading Don Poulton's 70-680 on my Kindle DX and the size is perfect for me.