Options

Spyanytime...

Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
has showed up on a particular virus scan- spy doctor. The problem is I used: F-secure, Trendmicro, Webroot, Spybot, Lavasoft, and AVG- none of these are showing these trojan/keylogger entry. I have gone to Pest Patrol (also used that scanner) to research how to manually delete the files, and none of the listed files are on the computer. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so please let me know how you were able to remove said problem. I understand one scanner can find things other scanners cannot, but 1 vs 7?...it's driving me icon_eek.gif , making me think it only showed up for me to buy the product...
Thanks in advanced.....
Someone asked me when will my studying be over......

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Try Microsoft's tool. If you use it and find nothing, I would ignore it.

If Spybot, Ad-Aware, and MS Anti-Spyware find nothing, I would leave it alone, as they are three of the best tools.
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks /usr...for the new scanner
    I'm running 98, the MS won't download to it (but I will put it on my father's XP system), but since I've posted, I ran Panda, Symantec's free scanner, and everything else I could think of. I will have to leave it alone icon_sad.gif , I have been working this blasted thing since thursday- digging through registry, system files, hidden files....if I run into any process problem- I'll deal with it then- can't find any 'unnecessary' open ports, maybe i'll try a few TS tools, and see what happens.... icon_rolleyes.gif - but you are right, I'll leave it alone for a minute. icon_cool.gif
    Thanks
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    /usr wrote:
    Try Microsoft's tool. If you use it and find nothing, I would ignore it.

If Spybot, Ad-Aware, and MS Anti-Spyware find nothing, I would leave it alone, as they are three of the best tools.

I've been very happy adding the MS scanner to my mix of software. I previously preferred in this order: Spybot, Adware, Pest Patrol. Now they I like MS with Spybot (if it's even needed). Though since my surfing habits are rather bland compared to most - it works well for me.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?