Is it worth for me to get CCNA?

CrapMasterZeroCrapMasterZero Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a BS in EE and want to pursue a MS in EE (in Computer Networks). Anyway, I know about basic networking theory from school courses but was wondering if it's worth to pursue a CCNA, since that will give me some practical experience. Any ideas?

Comments

• cisco_certscisco_certs Member Posts: 119
    I have a BS in EE and want to pursue a MS in EE (in Computer Networks). Anyway, I know about basic networking theory from school courses but was wondering if it's worth to pursue a CCNA, since that will give me some practical experience. Any ideas?
    go get it! the theory in school sucks compare to the real world and CCNA.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    It is absolutely worth it. Cisco certified people are like to cool kids of the IT industry everybody wants to be like us icon_cool.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    If you want a higher education diploma regarding networking, i'd venture to say it'd be silly NOT to. At some point you will probably HAVE to if you are going to be designing networks.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    I'd have to agree. The CCNA is the networking industries baseline for, "do you know how to network".
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    I agree. CCNA compliments a degree focused around networking very well.

CCNA tells people you know baseline networking. I don't work with cisco products directly on a day-to-day, but I still plan on finishing ICND2 for the above mentioned reasons.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA