Options

Just starting CCVP What exam first?

Well like the title says I just finished CCNA V IIUC and I'm going to start on the CCVP track. From the looks of things everyone recommended QOS then Cvoice in the old series however that looks to have been integrated with CVOICE in the new series. Am I correct in taking cvoice as my first one? How about after that?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd say the "best path" for the CCNP Voice is

CVOICE
    CIPT1
    CIPT2
    CAPPS

And then TVOICE.

For people who need to do the ICOMM exam for the CCNA:Voice prerequisite for the CCNP Voice and don't have a CCNP Voice friend to build and configure a lab for them, the ICOMM exam can probably be squeezed in between the CAPPS and TVOICE exam -- and should be a slam dunk after doing the first four CCNP Voice exams.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Well like the title says I just finished CCNA V IIUC and I'm going to start on the CCVP track. From the looks of things everyone recommended QOS then Cvoice in the old series however that looks to have been integrated with CVOICE in the new series. Am I correct in taking cvoice as my first one? How about after that?

Thanks!

The order of the exams is generally dictated by if you have any experience in your work with it, or if you have a preference with what you learn first. Generally speaking, most people are fine taking the exams in the order they are listed in Cisco's Website:
    Old Track: CVOICE, CIPT1, CIPT2, TUC, QoS.
    QoS is really the odd-man-out in the exams, so some people prefer to get it out of the way first.
    New Track: CVOICE, CIPT1v8, CIPT2v8, TVOICE, CAPPSv8

The troubleshooting exams generally build off of what you learned in the VOICE/CIPT exams, and CAPPS is all about Unity, which makes it the new odd-man-out but it applies a bit more obviously to Call Manager than QoS did.

When it comes down to it, it is up to you.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Thanks for the info.... Cvoice 8 here I come. I think they are saying April for the book to be published but I have a copy of the old Cvoice guide so I suppose I'll start there.

D
  • Options
    IPDirectIPDirect Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tha_dub wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.... Cvoice 8 here I come. I think they are saying April for the book to be published but I have a copy of the old Cvoice guide so I suppose I'll start there.

D

Try safari online, they have the "rough cuts" of the new book and the book is nearly done.

I'm in the same spot as you. I read through the table of contents of the new book, found what topics were similar from the cvoice 6.0 exam, and watched the relevant topics in the CBT nuggets videos. Now I'm reading through the rough cuts of the new book.