Options

Flopped 70-682 again

PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
with a 662 icon_mad.gif wth.. this was my 3rd try, too frustrating..

stupid powershell

unfortunately, it doesn't break down the weak areas like a single subject exam does, it only breaks down 680 and 685 .. grrr
:study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later

Comments

• Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Aww man, sorry to hear that. sounds like a toughy. What study sources are you using? I plan to take this after MCDST..
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Aww man, sorry to hear that. sounds like a toughy. What study sources are you using? I plan to take this after MCDST..

Same style of study as I used to pass the 70-640 and 642 exams, read the MSPress book all the way through, doing some labs and various online self-tests and the links from the stickys in the forums..
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You'll get it next time.
  • Options
    badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Piers wrote: »
    Same style of study as I used to pass the 70-640 and 642 exams, read the MSPress book all the way through, doing some labs and various online self-tests and the links from the stickys in the forums..

Hmmm.. you know the 70-680 MS Press book has lots of erratas right?

It's gonna be awhile til I start studying for it, actually I have yet to take a MS exam :D. But my plan of attack so far is Don Poulson's 70-680 book, Darril Gibson's 70-685/686 book, and Professor Messer's Win7 free training videos on his website. May get Train Signal videos too. Hopefully Microsoft while have a second edition of their book that fixes the errors, by the time I start studying for it.

Good luck for the next time, hope you got the free second shot deal. icon_cool.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • Options
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Hmmm.. you know the 70-680 MS Press book has lots of erratas right?

Good luck for the next time, hope you got the free second shot deal. icon_cool.gif

There were some areas that completely blindsided me, I don't know how many if any I missed because the book was incorrect..

I got a code for two exams, was hoping to start in on the 646 exam but looks like it's W7 for a little longer
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll get it next time!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    sorasora Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hand in there. I barely passed the 70-680 a few months ago. It maybe hindsight, but I wished I read 70-685 books before taking the 70-680. I may have gotten a better score.