Options

CompTIA N+ exam?

Danny_ukDanny_uk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey, I am new to this site and also new to networking, I am currently studying for the CompTIA N+ exam and I am struggling quite a bit. I have no experience in the IT field at all, I have already passed my CompTIA A+ 220-601 & 220-602. I was wondering if anybody is/was in the same situation as me on here and can offer any advice on how to get all of this information stuck in my head!! I want to be a good network administrator at some point, I don't just want to know what I need to do to pass the exam if that makes sense.... I have already had a look at some of the exams on here and seem to be passing them (based on just doing 5 to 30 Q's) but I know I still have a long way to go :) Also one last thing, I keep reading about this "certified for life" or something, will my qualifications expire now that I have missed the "deadline"? or am I just getting confused??

Anyway thanks for reading :D

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Your A+ will not expire. The network + exam will after three years according to Comptia's new policy.

CompTIA Certification Renewal

I found CBT nuggets to be the best for me. I also use a couple of books for all my certifications.

This forum is a good place to start.

Good Luck
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    As long as you passed your A+ last year it will not expire but the Network+ and Security+ have expiration dates. As you keep learning though it probably won't be too much to worry about.

Network+ is going to be the best place to continue with or a Windows Client OS.

Overtime and repetition stuff just becomes ingrain in your head. Experience will make you a good Network Admin, just stick to it.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS