Options

OS test Tues or Wed

jtfranksjtfranks Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the OS test either Tues or Wed. I have already had the Hardware test and passed so if I pass this test then I'll be A+ certified. Can anyone give me some pointers/tips on taking the test. Some things I should expect or what I really need to look over the most.
Justin

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well I trust you have revied the objectives for the A+ OS on Comptia's site. Good review links HERE As well as a practice test for you. Hopefully, you've already been here :)

What methods have you used to prepare thus far? Passing the hardware section will have provided you with a feel for the type of questions on the test, so in this respect you'll be more comfortable going in.

If you are taking the test Wednesday - review everything Monday and relax Tuesday and get plenty of rest. In just a couple short days, it will be difficult to memorize a ton of information if you are not already familar with it. So, you're likely already prepared or you wouldn't be taking the exam.

There are no suprises on any of Comptia's test, their objectives are very clear (IMO) and they ask neutral and fair questions.

Best of luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    jtfranksjtfranks Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes I think I'm perpared to take it. I have been studying for about a month now and I've been using the Sybex A+ complete and I know what the objectives for the test are. I was just asking for information about the test from people that have taken the exam already. I'm not asking for you to give me answers to the test or give me the questions as seen on the test but rather some things to expect on the test. I registered today to take it Tuesday at 2 p.m. I do believe I'm ready I just need to look over the boot process a little bit more and the boot files. I mean I know them but I need to look over them.
    Justin
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    You'll always be nervous. You'll always think, "Maybe I should study just a BIT more", and so on...

I've felt that way on every exam that I've taken. If you feel like you know the material, go for it. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jtfranks wrote:
    I was just asking for information about the test from people that have taken the exam already. I'm not asking for you to give me answers to the test or give me the questions as seen on the test but rather some things to expect on the test.

Wasn't thinking that you were looking for 'answers'. My comments were not to stiff you on information. Comptia's tests following right along with the objectives, no surprises. So, if you know them and you work with the OS's that are covered you'll do just fine.

Sounds like you are ready. Best of luck and looking forward to having another A+ Certified person. :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    stndrd_123stndrd_123 Member Posts: 113
    Good luck on your exam!
  • Options
    porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Good luck on Tuesday!