Options

Recovery Software

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Been searching for ages for some kind of software that will recover a folder that has been accidently moved by a user, not sure if there is anything out there that will do this and also show you who moved the folder. I dont want to go down the audit route as i have thousands of files. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    billybob01 wrote: »
    Been searching for ages for some kind of software that will recover a folder that has been accidently moved by a user, not sure if there is anything out there that will do this and also show you who moved the folder. I dont want to go down the audit route as i have thousands of files. Does anyone have any ideas?

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Moved by a user? Moved where? If you care about where files are and who is messing with them then you really should enable auditing...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    tiersten wrote: »
    Moved by a user? Moved where? If you care about where files are and who is messing with them then you really should enable auditing...

+1 on setting auditing. Your users are the #1 security threat.

Last year we had a stream of users moving and deleting folders. Our hands were tied as we didn't have auditing in place. After we started auditing is just beautiful when we go to people and ask them "did you experience any difficulties with your computer yesterday around 2pm?". They crack like an egg.