Options

JNCIA:Junos scheduled

SettSett Member Posts: 187
I've scheduled the exam for the next Wednesday - exactly one week from now. Plenty of time for revision. I don't have so much experience with Juniper until now but I am expecting some T320s and T640s to come on my way within the next few months so I definitely should expand my Junos knowledge.
As a preparation for the JNCIA I've used the pdfs from Juniper's site, Junos for dummies, the Junos as a second language e-course and the old JNCIA study guide.
Non-native English speaker

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Good luck, I think I will take this one soon too.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Good luck, and let me know what you think of the exam.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Ta-Da - I've passed the exam with 85% - not so great result, but I'll take it. The exam was not very hard, it is even easier compared to the CCNA. The two pdfs are enough as a study material if you have some networking knowledge, but you should read them couple of times if you don't have so much experience with Junos.
    Off to the JNCIS-SP then, I hope that's where the fun will be.

Btw, Aldur, do you know if Juniper are planing to publish some new study material like books or study guides for the new exams any time soon ?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man! whats wrong with 85%? lol. i would be more than happy with that :p

How long did you study for?

Do you not fancy the ENT track as they have fast track/discount vouchers for the exam on the website?

If not, what will you be using for your SP studies? i work in a small ISP environment and are looking into this possibly.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Thanks!
    I was studying about 1 month for it, but most of the effort was put in the last two weeks. I am much more interested in the ISP stuff, that's why I will pursuit SP. The company is paying the exam fee anyway so that is not an issue. I don't have some actual study plan, I think I will read the old JNCIS:M study guide and the Enterprise switching book and if there are topics which are not mentioned there, I will try to find documentation on techpub. For now I will start with the Enterprise switching because I have absolutely 0 experience with the switching side of the Junos. Luckily my company is a Juniper partner and we have access to some lab which contains EXs so I'll be able to practice.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Big congrats Set! Glad to hear the exam wasn't too challenging. We wrote it to be a good entry level for people looking to jump into juniper gear. Not to tough, and not to easy. Somewhat of a fine line there.

As far as study guides for the new exams; they're already here. :) The classes, and corresponding study guides are:

Junos Intermediate Routing
    Junos Service Provider Switching
    Junos MPLS and VPNs

Although I don't believe that the study guides for these classes are offered through the fast track program. Check with you employer to see if they'd send you to these classes.

Also, I did hear through the grape vine that some SP books, much like the M series books that sybex published, are in the works. I'm sure it's a ways off before we'll see them but hopefully not to far. :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Big congrats Set! Glad to hear the exam wasn't too challenging. We wrote it to be a good entry level for people looking to jump into juniper gear. Not to tough, and not to easy. Somewhat of a fine line there.

As far as study guides for the new exams; they're already here. :) The classes, and corresponding study guides are:

Junos Intermediate Routing
    Junos Service Provider Switching
    Junos MPLS and VPNs

Although I don't believe that the study guides for these classes are offered through the fast track program. Check with you employer to see if they'd send you to these classes.

Also, I did hear through the grape vine that some SP books, much like the M series books that sybex published, are in the works. I'm sure it's a ways off before we'll see them but hopefully not to far. :)

Aldur, can you not work your magic and tell your boys in HO to make the SP materials available through the fast track program :D. The materials on there are excellent resources indeed. After looking at JunOS more and more over the last few months ive been impressed with what ive seen.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking